Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: mounting a vibrating motor question.

It's my opinion that a little bit of vibration goes a long way. When using the small Radio Shack motor I put a fairly good size resistor on it to slow it down substantially. I like the subtle feel as if there is energy flowing instead of having the annoying hyper buzz sound along with something that feels like an electric toothbrush. Whatever size you use test out different resistors until you have the feel you want.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B5813 View Post
    Whatever size you use test out different resistors until you have the feel you want.
    something along the lines of wiring an old cheap PC speaker volume control into the circuit, then when you have it where you want it, ohm it out with a multimeter and use the closest resister to it? or would that be way too little resistance moving way too fast?

That is exactly what you should do. We also use that to mix RGB LEDs. The "volume control" is called a potentiometer

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

that's the word i was looking for. i kept coming up with variable transformer and varister and vanity mirror...

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Here's what I showed and did (and still use) back in the day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHPfujfG38U
    i just watched it, and i was impressed! i never would have thought of such a simple and effective motor mount such as this. its just genius. i do have to ask though....when you locate the holes for the screws....do you take the empty casing, flip it upside down on the outside of the hilt and establish your drill sites that way? or is there a *better* way.