Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: My 'cellophane' diffuser

Council Member
    Sith Lord

how big of a dowel should i get and won't the cellophane just stick to the dowl and not come off?
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

My dowel is 3/8 " I think. The film unrolls itself from the dowel when you turn it, after sliding it into the blade.

You'll see.

MC

Council Member
    Sith Lord

thanks a ton MC
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

has anybody tried to use colored cellophane as a diffuser?

Ryma Mara

the thing about that is you got to figure how much transparency is it gonna have.

right...but clear seems to work really really well. which leads me to believe that colored cellophane would have a similar effect...and then you could use a white LED, which seem to be the brightest, and still get a colored blade. makes sense in theory.

i might just have to try it....but so far it's been tough stuff to come by. i'm doing an internet search now....but i hate waiting for stuff to ship...

Ryma Mara

Well price wize its cheaper (actually free) if you just email LeeFilters for a free swatch book.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, other than it being colored when off it really doesn't make a difference. Whether filtered by the LED or later it's still filtered.

Be aware too of the color. It will always look different when lighted.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

where can i find cellophane paper and how much do i use?

It's not paper, for one thing...it's clear plastic gift wrap...and there are several topics that cover this....but one in particular is this one:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=7274
    The gift wrap can be found at stoeres that sell arts and crafts supplies like Michael's, Dollar Stores, and yes, even Wal-Mart.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.