Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bertuzzi's (hyozan's) "Deimos" (MHS - CF4.0 - Seoul P4)

Default Bertuzzi's (hyozan's) "Deimos" (MHS - CF4.0 - Seoul P4)

Deimos [ancient greek] – daemon

It’s a saber I made for a friend of mine. He is studying to be a teacher in german and theology and for that he had to learn ancient greek (sounds like hell), so he gave a greek name to his saber.
    It began with a saber he designed and I made for him as a surprise for the Jedi Con in Düsseldorf (Germany). It looked like this:

I installed for AA batteries, a buchpuck, green Seoul P4 LED and a recharge port.
    After this convention where he saw CF sabers in action, he was exalted about CFs and wanted to have a such a soundboard, too. Well, he would have to go on stage with us in the future, so he would need a CF saber. I decided to borrow him one until Erv brings out some CF5.
    This was our final draft of the saber:

The parts:

Let’s start.
    At first I made the overlay. This was a premiere for me, so it looked accordingly.

And now: Polishing till dropping. All the scratches I made when cutting the overlay had to disappear. It took me some hours to lap them in some degree.

After that he started to drill the holes. The problem was: we had no column drill so we had to make the holes with a dremel (max 3,2mm) but we need to make 8mm holes. What a mess. It ended up with some unclean cuttings in the overlay. Whatever, we liked the saber anyway.

Now I started to make the chassis. We decided to install one Trustfire 18650 li-ion. This would provide enough power tu drive a Seoul P4 and we would still have lots of space in the hilt.
    At first I abraded da 32mm (1,26“) PVC tube down to 1,25 so that it would fit into an MHS extension. Then I made two holes and glued in the momentaries.

On the opposite side I drilled a hole for the recharge port.

Then I made the panel for mounting the li-ion and the board.

The nut is for the covertec srew, which shall hold the whole construction in place when fighting with the saber.

Put it together.

These are the parts now:

Let’s start assembling. The result:

Comments requested

Wow!
    That design is really cool, I like the ribbed extension under the overlay, looks sleek.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Very cool. The overlay really makes this saber for me. And a CF doesn't hurt..lol That's quite an upgrade. I'm a little confused about the switch holes. You didn't have a drill of any kind? Anything would be better then a dremel for drilling IMO.

It appears reminiscent of the Jedi Academy hilts to me, I'm liking it. Looks a tad short though, but that's just my opinion.

For not having a drill press to work with, those holes turned out good. And that chassis is pure functional win to me. Not incredibly pretty, but all the bits are in the right spots, and appear to be firmly in place.

Overall, nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Very cool. The overlay really makes this saber for me. And a CF doesn't hurt..lol That's quite an upgrade. I'm a little confused about the switch holes. You didn't have a drill of any kind? Anything would be better then a dremel for drilling IMO.
    No, we had nothing than a dremel. But I hope to have the money for a column drill soon.

@all: Thanks for all the positive comments

Council Member
    Jedi Master

nicely done. I like the fact that it is small. Takes more skill to make a comfortable saber under 12" with a CF and still look good Well done. Now, you just need a bench polisher, a good set of detail files and that drill press (column drill) and you'd be dangerous!

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by pointoforigin View Post
    Looks a tad short though, but that's just my opinion.
    It looks to be around 10.5" to me, which seems to be the norm around here. Anyways I like it. I don't think I could have came up with a design like that. Though I would like to.
    Lord Kolban Gryph-Lyn, Grey Jedi
    The Dark Empire

Nice saber and nice build log.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well done! A saber built with only a dremel is most impressive!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...