Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: obi wan sinktube replica

Default obi wan sinktube replica

This was my first saber revisited to have a lux 3 green, accent led, and sound.
    its constructed with a grip from a flex flashlight, a 1.25" steel tube (could have been sinktube) and 1.5 tailpieces. The blade holder is custom, one of a kind machined PVC!!!
    Electronics & specs:
    Lux 3 green no resistor
    accent red led w resistor
    Cheapo 2010 obi wan hasbro board
    4AAA alkaline batteries
    trans. white polc tubeing w/ blade film and some celo rap
    custom pommel fastened by retention screw

heres sum pics: http://s698.photobucket.com/albums/v...ube%20replica/

hope you guys ike it, open criticism is always welcome
    video later
    sink tube sabers rock

Furthest reaches of the Galaxy (Scotland)

Thats looking pretty good, nice work keep it up

Say, that's pretty good!

Too bad it's not easy to replicate the pommel (unless your name is Acerocket).

thanks for the kind words guys, i was actually expecting more criticism than what i've got, then i remembered how sweet the forums are
    sink tube sabers rock

Born and raised in Alaska-currently in Louisville,Ky

Talking

thats purdy -never under estimate the power of sinktubes
    MONGO-[aka ALASKAN JEDI]

That's a cool looking saber. I really like the grip. I was wondering, is the clip on the back a guitar strap holder?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Midian View Post
    That's a cool looking saber. I really like the grip. I was wondering, is the clip on the back a guitar strap holder?
    yes it is! very good observation. i use many different "doodads" and "doohickeys" on my sink tube sabers.
    sink tube sabers rock

Default ...

Sweet saber dude. Did you get the idea of when Obi-wan had a green lightsaber for awhile? Also if you can get a different switch. Maybe a red gaurded switch from th store? Also I think his sabe would deserve more a Ultra Sound board if yo u can ever find one. I might do an Obi-wan MHS next week.

i did get the green from when he had a green saber. I've never thought of adding the guarded switches, but i feel like that would be a great improvement. thanks for the tip
    sink tube sabers rock

Very resourceful! That must have took some research, experimenting and testing to get things to fit and function properly. I originally wanted to go hardware for my first build as well but opted for sinktube/MHS hybrid.