Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: slothfurnace's TOR Consular saber

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sign me up for the coupler!!!

Amazing job sloth. I love the attention to detail. I am left In awe.

For those of you that are overwhelmed at the perfectness of this saber. Read my sig. Sloth is doing exactly with what he has, and the experiencethat he is at.

As long as you do the best you can do, you have nothing to be ashamed of. (unless you think your saber is the best one out there...) there is always someone or something better.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Chat about the coupler can be done here

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...460#post184460

Lets not derail Sloth's awesome build any longer.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Sloth....again, you amaze.
    Simple hand tools - yet elegant work.

Here is a little visualisation of what Sloth's wife will look like while using the consular saber. Enjoy

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

LOL dude that's a little messed up
    LOCKHEED

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

A little?

He didn't even give her claws!
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Here is a little visualisation of what Sloth's wife will look like while using the consular saber.
    Heh. You're a cruel bastard, skott!

I was just looking at some powdercoat materials, and saw (what I think) is a pretty close match for that saberstaff rendering. Not sure about how one would mask off all those tiny curves, though. Perhaps the pattern could be painted over the powdercoat...

Anyhow, the name of the paint was "Green Metallic Envy Wrinkle." I don't want to break the rules of the forum by posting an offsite commercial link, but googling that should lead to some images.

Just an idea if you're still figuring out the finishing for this, sloth. By all indications, you're probably all on top of it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Here is a little visualisation of what Sloth's wife will look like while using the consular saber. Enjoy

Katie is WAY cuter than that

anyway,

At this point I got my batteries in from TCSS, and am assembling the battery packs for the saber. I begin with scuffing up the ends, so that the solder has something to hold on to, and then clamping two batteries into my panavise grooves so they're parallel. A couple drops of solder to "pre tin" the contact points, and I flip em over and do the same to the other sides.

After soldering a short piece of solid wire across the terminals on each set, you can now see the two sides to one battery pack. Four AAA rechargable batteries give me 4.8 volts.

I clamp them up again in the panavise, and run one jumper wire between the two sets, and then run my positive and negative wires up through the middle of the pack, and to the corresponding terminals. I'll need two battery packs just alike. One for each side of the saber.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

You mind flipp'n that pack over so we can see the "bottom" side =)
    I want to build my own bat. pack, but really nervious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthammer View Post
    You mind flipp'n that pack over so we can see the "bottom" side =)
    I want to build my own bat. pack, but really nervious about it.
    The bottom just has the wire connectors going from side to side... like in the pic of the two halves sitting next to each other.

Here, I am working on the speakers. I want to be able to quick detach them during the build, but I don't want the wires I'd normally solder to the speaker tabs to break due to bending from assembly/reassembly...

So this is a small two contact plug I harvested from another circuitboard, and bent so that the leads go out and reach the speaker contacts. I did the same kind of quick detach plug on my Luke ANH saber.

Here's a closeup of where the leads reach to. I bring them this far over to protect the actual speaker wires in the center set of tabs from harm during soldering. Also making VERY sure there's a space between my plug leads and the speaker body. Can't have that shorting out.

And here is the plug soldered in. Once I find my glue gun, I'll hot-glue this area so it is stable, insulated and protected from the rest of the saber.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.