Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: slothfurnace's TOR Consular saber

See....you can paint with a mill. Atleast I wouldn't recommend it. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by slothfurnace View Post
    And this saber is on indefinite hold till I get my milling vise in.
    Go go gadget milling vise!

Must see finished saber!!

I wouldn't make a good Jedi, I lack patience....
    "War is the end result of the failures of the human condition. It is the result of those persons who want to assure their place in history, and those whole fail to learn from that history... "

"All a man can do is hope that he never has to show what he is truly capable of..."

Umbral Lotus Knives

With a 4 axis cnc mill you could do a bas relief of the pattern on the saber.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathan View Post
    With a 4 axis cnc mill you could do a bas relief of the pattern on the saber.
    And if I found a pot of gold, I could quit my day job and buy 4-axis CNC mill.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    LOL, sounds lika a plan to me
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Default Just an idea

maybe for the swirl details you could just roll up sum J.B. WELD and apply it on much like rolling up play dough as a kid lol

just a thought but that was the first thing i thought of when i saw the design on the hilt.

p.s. my wife would love that hilt, she s currently kicking around sum ideas for a custom saber. I cant wait to show her this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    Your average pot of gold holds around $3,000,000 worth of gold. I have seen tooling go for more than that, and living your whole life on only 3 million... ouch.

Still, i wouldn't say no to an extra 3 mil

Quote Originally Posted by DARTHDRU View Post
    maybe for the swirl details you could just roll up sum J.B. WELD and apply it on much like rolling up play dough as a kid lol

just a thought but that was the first thing i thought of when i saw the design on the hilt.

p.s. my wife would love that hilt, she s currently kicking around sum ideas for a custom saber. I cant wait to show her this one.
    Bad idea to show your wife this... What if she gives you the puppy eyes and the 'i want one'.... Don't put yourself between a rock and a hard place on purpose...
    Last edited by Ronan; 06-05-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    Your average pot of gold holds around $3,000,000 worth of gold.
    Well it depends on where the gold comes from. The South African gold market is looking good in future prospects, we've recently found an entirely untouched deposit that will keep us going for another 15 years, so I'd expect the price of gold to go down for a bit. But you never know.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by DARTHDRU View Post

I sounds to me like you may not have worked with JB Weld before.

It starts out very liquidy at first and takes a full 24 hours to cure. If you could catch it at just the right time you might be able to roll it, but it would still probably be pretty sticky. You'd have to press it onto the hilt and then do the fine detailing, by cleaning the unwanted bit off the saber. But it would still be an ugly gray color that doesn't match aluminum.

It sort of sounds like a good idea, for a second, till you start to actually think about it.

I think engraving would still be the best way.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    I think engraving would still be the best way.
    +1

That or electroetching
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?