Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Converting a Hasbro Mace force fx???

Default Converting a Hasbro Mace force fx???

Hey there has anyone conerted a hasbro mace as of yet using the mr mace kit? Performed a search but found nothing.

Cheers.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

I dont think so. However I am willing to try it when I get my FX mace windu.

Ripped mine apart to fix the break in the led string and it is basically an aluminium sleeve with two pins and a couple of hex grub screws to hold stuff in place and to stop the outer trim from moving around. I could see the 1.25" blade holder working but maybe with a shorter heatsink.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

the kit in store should work, hasbro didnt change any of the hilt designs from what mr was selling other than the obi rots.

I checked the tutorial and there are some significant differences. The trim on the emitter is part of the ally sleeve the gold half moon trim above the switch has a pin underneath and the rubber grip doesn't peel away it is more a molded piece similar to dooku.

Among other things....

any more ideas about this? i've been poking around my 07 hasbro mace saber, and am stumped. apparently there's better glue over the rubber part, and it does not come off as easy as depicted in the 05 conversion tutorial.

If its really that much different its time for some pictures that can detail these differences for everyone else, post them up if you get a chance please guys

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just so you know, if you are having problems with glue...

WD-40 was was to breakdown Ducttape adhesive, and other glues. you want want to try spraying some of it under the grip sections and see if that does any good...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I've managed to get the Hasbro version of the mace saber open.

It's definately very different inside and comes apart very differently too - I took pictures so I'll post them later when I have time.

I just need to know the exact dimensions of the MR mace conversion blade holder part to see if it fits or not.

The internal diameter of the Hasbro version is 1 and 3/16ths of an inch but the internal diameter of the screw-on blade emitter part - the gold bit is an inch exactly though seems to be too tight to fit my 1 inch diameter blades through it hmmm....

ok seriously its picture time(please)