Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: seoul p4 reds

The 900 lumens that they rate it is 'emitter lumens', which isn't really what you see. It's probably closer to 200-300 'torch lumens'.

well from what i've been told was rebels actually suck, they look good on paper but in all actuality they don't do good.

You've been told wrong. Rebels rival Lux V's in some cases.

I'm not basing that off of paper, I've seen the results first hand.

I have a red Rebel here that won't even light up a blade....the only Rebels that Rival Luxeon V's are the greens and blues. There never has been a Red Luxeon V, since the red and red/Orange Lux III's were the brightest red Luxeons produced.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Dont forget that there are a lot of versions of the rebels so if you got the dimmer versions you are obviously going to have worse results.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Dont forget that there are a lot of versions of the rebels so if you got the dimmer versions you are obviously going to have worse results.
    so what's the difference between a dimmer rebel and a bright one, what's the data on those?

The bright ones are obviously the ones in the store
    There is data there.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    I have a red Rebel here that won't even light up a blade....the only Rebels that Rival Luxeon V's are the greens and blues. There never has been a Red Luxeon V, since the red and red/Orange Lux III's were the brightest red Luxeons produced.
    I guess that would be the 'some cases' I mentioned, lol. I own a green and a blue, and both are as bright (or nearly) as Lux Vs.

I would figure that reds would be dimmer, naturally, because of the wavelength they reside in (just like the violets).

I guess I'm just trying to say that it's unfair to say all Rebels suck.
    Last edited by RevengeoftheSeth; 09-29-2010 at 07:06 AM.

Single color Tri-Reb anyone? I am going to see how bright they are with the correct optics. May be a cool addition to the TCSS inventory.

Something something something dark side,
    something something something complete.

I thought that there were no optics for the tri rebels?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent