Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: seoul p4 reds

Over all, we have gotten superior results with Seouls and LEDEngins than with rebels. Not saying they all "suck", just that we get better, brighter, and more consistant results with those other options. Lumens on paper do not take into account loss of efficiency which happens due to a lot of factors in our application. This is one of those "to each his own" topics.

Well said Allerra, having not used rebels all I have to go off of are the experience of those much wiser than myself Glad that people like you are willing to share your experiences!
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeoftheSeth View Post
    Not sure why you are taking such offense to a comment that wasn't directed at you. Sure, I replied to your post, but I also replied to another. Carraige returns usually separate one thought from another. Shadar and Ronan were correct.

I thought it what obvious who that line was replying to (the person who actually said Rebels suck), but I guess not.
    I didn't take any offense to it, I was simply confused as to why you made it sound like I was hating all of the Rebel's. You can multi-quote posts on these forums, and that's usually what I do if I want to reference two different people's statements.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

ok so from what i gather from this thread. dont get the red rebels?

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    ok so from what i gather from this thread. dont get the red rebels?
    And use multi-quote.

anybody notice that the blue rebel are a lot dimmer than the lux 3

My blue rebel rivals the Lux V. How are you driving yours? I'm using 6V battery pack and a 1A buckpuck.

The LED Vf is 3.15 and I overdrive mine at 1000mA.

For a 6V battery pack you would use that resistor. Here is the math:

6v-3.15 = 2.85 / 1 = 2.85Ohms
    2.85 * 1 = 2.85 W

Your resistor is too high or your battery pack isn't powerful enough.

Upgrade to a 6V pack and use the same resistor.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by jin starkiller View Post
    2AA battery pack and a 3.3 resistor
    Why are you powering it that way? Any LED with a Vf of more than 3V won't light up well like that. I'm surprised it will light at all, with a resistor on it, too.

You're doing it wrong.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!