Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BORAX presents Twin saber madness

Where did you get those nice switches? What size aluminum tubes did you use? What is your pommel speaker "grill" made of?

Cannibal - Yes the shape is the mid section was indeed "lathed". You can see I accidently cut one of them deeper than the other

vargose - those switches I got off e-bay, from hong kong lol took forever to show up. they are just silver coated plastic.

The inner Tube is a 1 1/2" stainless steel and the outer is 1 3/4" aluminum.

The pommel cap is just aluminum drilled out and coated with black enamel.

Quote Originally Posted by Borax View Post
    Hah, I wish I had a lathe... I do all my "lathing" the poor mans way on the drill press. But its workable.
    Dude thats amazeing I would never have thought of that. My next question is how in the heck do you do that, & does it take a long time?

Great job! the rings and bolts and switches....nice.

I've done some basic "lathing" like this myself just to turn down the OD of something now and then. If he did it the same way then you bolt your piece in like a drill bit and give it a whirl. I think the only hard part would be setting up some type of guide to steady your tools.

yeah darth midian, crystal go it right. I just strap the piece into the drill press and work the pipe with my dremmel free hand and then clean it all up with files. You can see a picture of my set in this saber build i did here