Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Dark Lord Rising

Default A Dark Lord Rising

Ok so I've had my Dark Jedi garb for a while and think it's time I elevated my self to a real Sith.

The Sith Saber is in the works so next was the outfit.

I have been looking for the right kind of boots for my outfit, and the pleather ones I had previously are just poor. I wanted real leather, a long fit boot, some buckles or characterful traits.

So, looking through the old E-Bay I found these.

Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Interesting. What type of boots are those? I've never seen anything quite like those before.

They are cool looking.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

they look like a type of motorcycle boot.. (the extra material/padding over the shifter part fo the boot)

They are motorbike boots but specifically vintage police ones. Very similar to equestrian boots but with buckles and a pad on the front for gear changing.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That's what I thought when I saw them.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Looks great! Any other plans for the "upgraded" costume?
    Some may leave The Jedi Order; but few leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahm View Post
    Looks great! Any other plans for the "upgraded" costume?
    Yeah I'm going for a Maul style robe, Luke ROTJ style (round the neck) tabbards and sash with a black belt.

Main body will be a black Gi still as I like the martial feel of it for a sith outfit, the shape holds nicely and it fits well.

Maybe a few personal tweeks here and there.

It's funny that those are vintage police boots because they immediately reminded me of something Mel Gibson might have worn in Road Warrior. Of course he didn't, but he really should have.

Those are pretty nice.

Another option you could look at is checking your local Military Surplus stores for Tanker boots such as these

I personally own a pair of them and they have a very cool look and are reasonably comfortable to walk around in all day. Obviously it's a combat style boot not designed for making your feet feel good but you should be able to find a quality pair for a reasonable price

Quote Originally Posted by Dieuos View Post
    Those are pretty nice.

Another option you could look at is checking your local Military Surplus stores for Tanker boots such as these

I personally own a pair of them and they have a very cool look and are reasonably comfortable to walk around in all day. Obviously it's a combat style boot not designed for making your feet feel good but you should be able to find a quality pair for a reasonable price
    I've looked at so many boots it's unreal, but I wanted a long boot so modern military boots, most motor bike boots and a lot of others were out the window.

I saw an awesome pair of Dr Martyns bike boots once but they were too small.

I brought some armor today but I don't know how it's going to go with my plans for this Sith outfit. Can't wait to get hold of it.