Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Master

Default The Dark Master

I just finished this saber for my sister. It's going to be Christmas present for her & my brother in laws friend. It's pvc 1" & 1 1/4".
    I used the thick walled trans white blade stock on this saber. I'm completly sold on this blade stock. I absolutly love it. There is no film in it. It's just the blade & tip. It lights all the way up to the tip.
    I used the 5 degree lens & holder
    P4 red, Luxeon star heat sink, 4.7 ohm 3W resistor
    my crystal chamber for pvc, acrylic red crystal,
    red led from a string of Christmas lights, & 220 ohm 1/4W resistor
    standard latching switch & bezel
    custom 4 AAA battery box
    covertec wheel, & red anodized screw.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 09-22-2010 at 12:07 PM.

very cool looking saber ..love thye crystal chamber

Nice...looks like a lot of work went into the overlay. So your sister is sharing her saber with her husbands friend? lol I must be missing something.

Now THAT is a nice looking PVC saber. I love the shroud! Very clean all around.

How do you get your cuts so straight and clean?

Thank you. It has been a minute since I built a saber. It feels great to be building again. I had to put production on hold, with school starting. I had to buy school supplies, cloths, & pay school fees this year for 2 of kids. My youngest daughter started school this year.
    Crystal, it does sound wierd. She's giving it to thier friend as a Christmas gift. Seth,the shroud wasn't that bad. I locked down in my vice, took a deep breath, exhaled & squeezed. That breathing exercise comes in handy for other things than just firing an M-16. I spent 3 years in the infantry, 11H10, Anti-Tank, Tow missle, HOOAH. I put it in my vice and just followed the line. I drilled out the holes with a 3/4" paddle bit. That is also how I got the round curves on the front & back of the shroud & the piece around the switch. I drilled the holes with the 3/4" paddle bit & made a 45 degree cut in the center of the hole. The smaller curves are free hand dremeling. The hand sanding was the real pain. OK, now that think about it there was a bit of work involved in it.
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 09-22-2010 at 12:27 PM.

I really need to get a vice. That is holding me back big time.

Nice use of BRASS techniques, there

Youngling

hell yes that is a sweet saber. I love the exposed crystal chamber!

I use a drill press vice. I think it was $20. or $25. I use the heck out that thing.
    Thanks Tom.

Cool style. I like the round lines.

Thanks Sunrider. Tom the crystal chamber is secured with the red thumb screw. The same way a blade is secured with a thumb screw.