Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blade holder and blade...

Default Blade holder and blade...

Hi... I m from Argentina... I have one doubt: How are blade holder and the polyC tube connected? I mean are there any screws? or the just fit perfectly and there is no need for any screws?
    Thanks

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

A single thumbscrew through the blade holder is all that's needed.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Thanks... but the thumbscrew doesn t go thru the polyC tube? does it?
    Thanks again

I think the thumbscrew presses onto the blade, not into, to hold it against the emitter. You could (I think) very easily tap the blade so the screw would go through it, but then you'd have to be very carefull in lining the blade up every time you put it in.

<hr noshade size="1">
    Blog at A Clone's Rest Stop
    Collection pics at A Clone's Paradise

The blade fits snuggly into the blade holder and the thumb screw presses againist the side of the blade to hold it secure.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

DO NOT drill through the blade. This will introduce a spot for it to crack and break. The thumbscrew pushing against it is enough to hold it in there.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

for el u have to but tims complete el blades already come with the hole and pre assembled

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

Thank all of you for your answers... []

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 987654321a

for el u have to but tims complete el blades already come with the hole and pre assembled
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<font size="3"><font color="teal">Do you know this for a fact? Do you have one of Tim's pre-assembled EL blades? Or are you just making an assumption? There's no mention of a thumb screw hole in the description in the Shop, or in the tutorial. Maybe you're thinking of the hole for the set screw that holds in the male connector. There's no way that Tim could possibly know where everyone's thumb screws are going to be, especially if they are building custom sabers. So drilling a hole for this makes no sense.

Why do you need a hole in your blades, anyway? That introduces a weak spot in the blade where it can break, like xwingband said. I have never needed a hole in my blades, because my thumb screws stay tight, though I do check them frequently when I'm dueling.

I know people who do put extra holes in their blades and that always scares me. Maybe they have loose blade holders or thumb screws.</font id="teal"></font id="size3">

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

Hmmm...this confuse me... I've always thought you should drill a little hole inte the blade, and so did I! I havent drilled all the way through, just half way, or something like that...

I'm a fourteen year old swedish teenager...so be patient...