Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adi/Shaak/Jamo by JamoUp

Default Adi/Shaak/Jamo by JamoUp

Custom Adi/Shaak/Jamo

I have been working on this saber for the last several weeks. I have lots of build pictures that will be posted. This saber started the planning stage as a 7inch saber. It then quickly became an 8inch and then a 9inch. I originally wanted to use a blaster sound card for blaster deflect sounds. I fried that board (backward voltage from LED). So, I moved on to using a switch to trigger the clash function on a MR sound board. I partially fried that sound board (wiring the bar-graph) that soundboard is still usable, just not for this project.

I had many problems with the switches. I wanted to use the new TCSS switch box (always loved that design since I first saw it on a Vader's Vault saber!), that didn't work because I needed a DPDT switch to trigger clash and flash with the same switch. I then cut the switch box a new hole to fit a 2nd AV switch. awesome. But the saber was now too short to fit the batteries and the Anakin MR board I am now using does not fit on top of a battery pack like the MR Yoda pack I was originally using did.

Well, after all that, I had Tim (TCSS) cut the grooves in the extension for me, I then hand painted them black and cut all the holes. Oh yeah, the blade holder (which is awesome) while MHS compatible, doesn't have a "stop" for the blade. So the blade would just hit the LED...thats no good. So I made a stop out of a washer. That solved that!

With everything assembled, hilt wise, I wired everything up. And what did I find? The LED in the 2nd AV switch does not work. I will swap that switch out later.

Everything else seems to be working just fine!

Specs:
    LedEngin RGBA -green and amber dies set to main blade
    Clash/Flash on Demand -using the red die
    7.4v -custom Lithium Ion Pack
    MR Anakin -soundboard, regulated to 5v
    Two AV switches
    Two accent LEDs
    10 segment bargraph
    Custom Blade Holder -made by ebay seller "14485194"
    Custom Kill Key
    Custom grooves cut by Tim @ TCSS
    Everything else custom cut/painted by JamoUp @ ThinkJamo

(watch the video for Clash/Flash on Command Demo!!!)

Pics:

The Blade:

And the Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sksle_85W3Y
    And the Full Blade Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpZ3BgG09-M

I Hope you like!
    Last edited by JamoUp; 09-22-2010 at 12:18 PM.

This is really cool. Reminds me a bit of the saber Obi Won had on AOTC. The use of your RGBA deserves a full blade demo IMO.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Nice job! Agreed with CC, we need to see that color in a blade along with the flash!

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Crap, I can't see it at work (photobucket is blocked).

Guess I have to wait until I get home.

First post edited, added a 2nd video of the blade and flash/clash on command.

Very cool saber.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Very cool, man. Now, share with us how you achieved the flash This particular thing has been done before, but there were some issues behind it IIRC.

Great build and congrats!

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Don't let skottsaber see this

He has been wanting one for some time...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Cool! The blade colour is toxic looking. Very nice! The FOD (flash on demand..lol) is really bright and the red dominates in the flash. This must be due to the amber already being mixed with the green.

That FOC is rockin!