Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: mando jedi character

Banned Sith Lord

trust me. dont go mando jedi. the mandalorian mercs hate it and ive gotten in argument after argument with my mandalorian clan about this. its just not tolerated. go mando with functioning trophy saber.

i think its stupid. its a costuming group that allows you to do your own character. but theve gotten so sucked into the alternate reality of it that they live it TO much.

I don't see why you can't be a jedi with Mandalorian armor, just tell the mando mercs you killed one and took if from him/her....

Ha
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Last I knew you could be a force sencitive mando, but not a jedi or sith mando, they need to make that distinction very clearly.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    trust me. dont go mando jedi. the mandalorian mercs hate it and ive gotten in argument after argument with my mandalorian clan about this. its just not tolerated. go mando with functioning trophy saber.

i think its stupid. its a costuming group that allows you to do your own character. but theve gotten so sucked into the alternate reality of it that they live it TO much.
    Not to get into a huge rant, basically the reasoning is this.
    If we're talking about in universe character wise, from every indication we've been given, the beliefs of Jedi and Mandalorians do not mesh well at all. There is also a strong dislike of any outsiders (not just Jedi) by the Mandalorians, however there are also reasons the Mandalorians dislike the Jedi as well.
    (Go to the Star Wars wiki if you want to read more on it)

In the real world of costuming, the Mandalorian Mercs don't allow it because it blurs the lines of what their group is about. The public sees a lightsaber and thinks Jedi or Sith. Even with armor on, they'll just think armored Jedi or armored Sith for the majority of the time.
    Since it's a growing club that still isn't immensely huge (501st has 5000+ members, Mercs are approaching 400) they need to be easily defined in the eye of the public. Though really, I personally don't see why there's so much fuss over the Mercs not allowing Jedi/Sith Mandos, no one is complaining that the 501st doesn't allow Jedi Stormtroopers or Sith clone troopers, or lightsaber wielding Tusken Raiders.
    It's the same thing, Mercs is for Mandalorians like they are portrayed in Star Wars. The Mercs have CRLs just like the 501st and the Rebel Legion to maintain a level of accuracy and quality of costumes. There's the logistics of it, I don't see why it's seen as a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisas1979 View Post
    I don't see why you can't be a jedi with Mandalorian armor, just tell the mando mercs you killed one and took if from him/her....

No one is saying you are not allowed to costume however you wish, but you won't be getting in as an official member with the Mercs if you're swinging a lightsaber around all the time.

Hopefully I've phrased this well enough that it makes sense on what little sleep I've had. If you have any questions feel free to PM me, whether it's wanting more clarification on this Mando and Jedi topic, or just on armor building.

I wonder what they would say about a mando with a force pike......

Oh well, Iam not to worried about it, dont have any plans to start another mando anytime soon.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Even though I agree that the Mando-Jedi concept is dangerous territory, if you want to pursue it, there's a couple cool drawings a guy on The Dented Helmet made that could give you some ideas.

Click here...

They're about 4 or 5 images down the post.
    Life is short. Yoda is shorter.

yea they look cool one looks like mando and revan combo..looks soooo sweet
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wear some mando armor, after i beheaded its previous owner. Nice mix of mando and clone armor.

Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Quote Originally Posted by RoqueSaber View Post
    Even though I agree that the Mando-Jedi concept is dangerous territory, if you want to pursue it, there's a couple cool drawings a guy on The Dented Helmet made that could give you some ideas.

Click here...

They're about 4 or 5 images down the post.
    These were excellent beginning points for my look, thanks so much dude.