Thread: Old saber reworked.

Default Old saber reworked.

Alright I took an old saber i built and completely reworked the body of it. It started life as the saber in this thread http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=9403.
    Now it is what I am posting here. Replaced the old hasbro board with a new 2010 one also added in a relay to get max brightness out of the souel p4 red in it useing the 1000ma buck puck. Also adde a premium speaker for better sound. Also moved the switch to the bottom to sleek it up a bit.
    A lot of people have done exposed crystal chambers that light up and look cool. I didn't have that kind of space in this one as i wanted to do an exposed plasma coil instead. Made it from old computer parts and the treaded hollow rod for lamps from the hardware store. Well here it is.

And a few wip pics.

"Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

Those claws are pretty wicked. Did you make them? Overall the saber looks pretty cool.

Sure did make them they used to be aluminum shrimp devieners. Is a easy base shape to start with.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

Very resourceful. Nice to see some creative uses of sinktube/MHS parts.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Good ingenuity! I like it!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!