Thread: Activation Box Style 3?

Default Activation Box Style 3?

Anyone heard what the new version of Activation Box Style 3 is going to be like?

I appreciate that the products here are always under scrutiny and often being updated. However, I've gotten fond of constructing a switch setup where you slide the card in the groove to turn on/off. And unfortunately, none of the currently available boxes work for this (Box 1 is hollow right up to the top and bottom so a sliding card leaves a gap, and Boxes 2 & 4 are designed for the anti-vandal switches).

Alternatively to waiting around for new products, can anyone suggest another solution to get the sliding card switch feature? Basically, I'm looking to preserve that "classic" anakin/luke/obi-wan look without actually using a graflex clamp.

Well many people favour placing a tactile switch under the clamp and pressing down on it to activate.
    Just a thought.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Yeah, I thought of that, but I'm using the Force FX sound cards, which need latching switches. Does someone know of a pressdown latching switch that will work like this?

You can always use a Pololu LV switching board along with your MR/Hasbro board.

This very inexpensive circuit board is tiny, and allows you to use a momentary switch in conjuction with the MR/Hasbro.

I've used them on 2 of my last 3 sabers with great success.

If you search the forums for Pololu LV, you should find a link to the website where you can purchase them

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

OK, good info! The Pololu LV is definitely a possibility I can investigate, thanks!

But back to my first question, does anyone have any idea what the new style 3 box will be like?

I doubt it... if Tim even has it planned anyway.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Alternatively, the Lighthound keychain light is a great cheaper PCB to use in place of the Pololu.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS