Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LED comes on as soon as power is supplied

Oh I had a bit of solder jump off the tip and land on the side of the big chip next to the accent LED pads. I need to copper braid to remove the rest of the bridge. The solder sucker...well it sucks..lol

Quote Originally Posted by dj2rbo View Post
    Hi. It has 4 or 5 beeps and the end beep sounds longer. Tonight I am buying a card reader. Darth Xusia I just want to thank you for all your help. You dont understand how much your putting my mind at ease. What does it mean if I have multiple beeps?
    Hmmm... I would assume that with the switch settings being wrong, the board is "stuck", so to speak. When you soldered the switches, how did you connect the wires to them? Side by side? straight across? Or staggered? Most tactiles are staggered.

Crystal, is everything OK with it now? You have to watch out for those solder gremlins.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Hi. I purchased a sd card reader but I found that each bank has its own config file or text?? Shouldnt there be a main config file as soon as I loaded the content on screen?

No. Each bank has it's own config. Make sure to do a backup copy of your original card before making any changes. That way, you can always go back to it if things get messed up.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Okay so Im going to attempt to change the switch setting from 0 or 1 to 2 for the usage of two tactile momentary setup correct?

It should be set to 2 like in this example:
    //CFG - EPII-Remastered (v4)
    mute=0
    // =
    // ======
    led=70
    rgb=0
    switch=2

If you need help with any of your settings, just PM me. I can even send you copies of config files, if you tell me what fonts you are using.

Will do. Ill try it with just switcing the switch numbers to 2 on all of the 6 fonts including the track folder. If I still cant figure it out please dont mind if I pm/bother you. Thank you for helping me out.

Not a problem. Glad I could help. Like I said, if you have any questions or need help with any of the settings, just PM me or post back here. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Strange that the switch config is different for every font. I really can't see any purpose for that.

Crystal... my guess is that you are misunderstanding--each font does not have a different switch configuration... it's simply the fact that each SOUND BANK has its own "config.txt" file.

All parameters that affect CF are in EACH config.txt file. Therefore, if you change "switch=0" to "switch=1" in (for example) solely the "bank1" folder... you will still need to change that option in *ALL* of your remaining folders for each bank (+ the "tracks" folder for the music player mode)...

Just because it seems that dj2rbo is (probably?) not reading the CF user's manual:

------------------
    SWITCH polarity...
    ------------------

0 = Latching On/Off (normally open)
    1 = Latching On/Off (normally closed)
    2 = Momentary On/Off

-----------------------------------------
    I cut that directly out of a file I placed on my CD Compendiums. As another matter of fact, the "switch" parameter ONLY refers to the power on switch... as the auxiliary switch *MUST* be a momentary button/switch. Well... in order to function properly.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide