Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: LED comes on as soon as power is supplied

It is not really a "limitation", but (again)... to make a "global" config.txt file with only one or two parameters... is rather pointless.

If there were at least 5-10 "global" possibilities, it'd make sense, but really... there basically aren't. Maybe someday there will be... but for now? Negatory.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Oh it totally does. Maybe this is a question better answered by Erv. Like Nova said about there not being any "global" or "universal" config files, then the reason is not so much about being able to change the switch config for each soundbank, but a limitation due to how the CF is designed which I'm sure is a worthy compromise.
    It is not really a limitation. What if you normally use a latching switch for your sounds, but want to have a revealable "crystal chamber" font and you have a momentary on the crystal chamber? This just gives additionally flexibility. The CF allows us to "imagine the possibilities".

As far as the config.txt it is easy to just copy and paste it into all your sondfonts. We have a folder set up for each CF saber we do, and then we copy and paste the config.txt file for that saber into each bank.

Thank you! I think this is the first reply to my statement that is providing a usefull example.

lol, well other "useful examples" would be if you wanted your LED to be "maxxed out" on bank1... so for example, maybe you had "LED=70" on bank1...

...but on bank2... you'd prefer to save some battery life, and you're ok with not having every last iota of brightness coming out of your LED, and you set it to (for example) "LED=62".

How about flicker/other options? Well, on my CDs where I provided config.txt exampler files, I altered things such as:

* Blade flicker (both frequency & "depth")
    * Pulse gradation (both frequency & depth)
    * Poweron/off ramping (length & gradation)
    * Swing cutoff durations (hard to explain, but it CAN matter depending on what sound font is being used)
    * Clash flicker (freq & depth)
    * Pitch alteration (sometimes, it can RUIN a font... such as one with "music" or harmonic sounds where you want the pitch STATIC!)

...and an entire SLEW of other stuff. So... RTFM for the win as always, and your question has been answered in many ways here in dj2rbo's thread now...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Soundbanks having their own configs to match fonts make perfect sense, I just didn't understand the reason for the switch in each bank as well.
    Allaera's example reminds me of Madcow's Fulcrum. I can't think of another example but this really is a good one.

It may have been his thread, but I've been discussing the issue he had a bit further, in hopes to understand why the CF is set up that way.
    It can't see any reason to have a font with a dimmer LED config. On or Off for use of a crystal chamber reveal, but that really is another topic.

Thanks!

Edit...after reading back over the thread I can see how so many people misunderstood my question or knowledge of CF since I used font and bank as interchangeable terms and made one or two sleepy headed posts. Sorry to make such a simple question easily complicated. No wonder it took so long to get such a simple answer..my bad.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 09-28-2010 at 06:39 AM.