Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: LED comes on as soon as power is supplied

Default LED comes on as soon as power is supplied

I apologize in advance if I keep asking these questions about a CF 4.3.... I just never realized how hard they are to wire up. I had mine for awhile but was scared to use it. Anyway I followed Novastar's awesome wiring guide but when it came time to give it voltage the Main led came on and stayed on, no beeps but I also heard the boot up sound. I havent been able to to access the menu through my computer because I have no card reader. I just wanted to ask if in theory, would there be a setting/problem to cause the main led to stay on the whole time as soon as power is supplied? Help is greatly appreciated and Im very desperate at this point.

When you say the blade LED lights are you getting sound too like a normal blade ignition? If so maybe it's your switches. I think they're programed for latching until you alter the SD config file and a mom switch might cause strange behavoir.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 09-16-2010 at 05:30 AM.

To Crystal you should listen. By default, it is set up as a latching switch. You should get a card reader ASAP. It will make your life so much easier.
    What type of switches do you have in your setup?

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Yes I have used two tactile switches for the Aux and main power. So this problem could be solved with accesing the menu and changing the setting for the switches? I dont necessarily have a broken board? Thank you for your help guys.

Hey..lol...no problem. I'm totally a CF noob. Mine isn't working for another reason but since I'm using both mom switches as well it just made sence.

It's not in the menu it's in the SD config files so you need a SD reader and a notepad program on your computer. I can't recall the specific config, but I recall reading it last night and it's as simple as changing a number to a 2. It's in the manual. Page 20. Oh wait I have V5.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 09-16-2010 at 09:35 AM.

On the v4.3, the config has a setting for the switch. Here it is:
    switch [0-2]: selects if the saber is activated by a normally-open or a normally-closed switch. Certain “push-on push-off” switches are more practical and more reliable when released for activating the saber. Other switches might simply have an “inverted” logic (normally closed contact). When switch is set to 1, the saber lights up when the electrical contact of the switch is closed and conversally when switch is set to 0. If you wish to use a momentary button for the blade activation, set switch to 2.

*EDIT* Why is yours not working Crystal?

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

So bttom line I need to access the configuration file. Also after pressing on the buttons for a while, I ended up with beeping sounds. I do however feel better because it was giving me the different sound fonts prior to this.

You do need to access your sd card. Search Ebay for a card reader.
    A single beep or multiple beeps?

Hi. It has 4 or 5 beeps and the end beep sounds longer. Tonight I am buying a card reader. Darth Xusia I just want to thank you for all your help. You dont understand how much your putting my mind at ease. What does it mean if I have multiple beeps?

I may be totally wrong, and if so please ignore my post, but I recall reading in CF's Manual that is was primarily configured so there was no need for a switch installed to turn the system on, this because it makes it way easier and faster to test your board (having only to use three items : a battery, a speaker, and an LED). If i recall right, then here's your explanation.