Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ANH blue water?

Default ANH blue water?

Hey guys, an initial google search yielded nothing and my curiosity has gotten the best of me. During some of the first Tatooine scenes, Lars, Beru and Luke have a meal together. During this time they drink a milky, blue liquid which quite frankly looks a little like watered down fabric softener...

Does anyone know what the actors actually drank? What the stuff was made from? I figure that they used some food coloring but what made it so milky looking?

Anyway, if anyone can point me to a source I would be thankful. I am looking to find some info on it but alas I am afraid it simply does not exist....
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

I would say put a tiny bit of milk in water till you have the milkeyness then put blue food coloring in it.
    My real and legal name is Rogue. Coincidence that i like starwars. Perhaps.

Milk with blue food coloring? I have no idea lol.

Blue Milk
    Blue Milk is a drink in Star Wars. In Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, blue milk is shown being served on the Lars moisture farm. Blue milk is, as its somewhat basic name suggests, a dairy drink either naturally or artificially colored blue. The protein-enhanced beverage is served on planets low in natural resources—especially water. Blue milk, coming from the teats of Banthas on Tatooine, is nutritious and has certain medicinal properties.

Here is a recipe:
    http://scifi.about.com/od/starwarsst..._blue-milk.htm
    Last edited by RevengeoftheSeth; 09-14-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Very cool...I wonder what would taste good if you wanted to add alcohol. Great idea for a theme party or Halloween. Oh I just found the white russian based drink on the same link...cool

I've been wondering where Jawa Juice comes from....do they grind them up, milk them, or do the the Jawas make the juice? I just checked it on Wookiepedia and it appears to be named after Jawa but no other connection. Slang name I guess.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 09-15-2010 at 05:17 AM.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is a "shot" in the dark here...

Maybe the glass was fogged blue. That way the could still drink water, but it look like they were drinking blue milk
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

The glass is fogged white er um, translucent. Wookiepedia claims it's Bantha milk, and after watching the movie again it's not that blue...like a blue-ish/green/grey. I think the recipe colour is close.

It comes from blue cows... duh

Youngling

......smurf pee

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    This is a "shot" in the dark here...

Maybe the glass was fogged blue. That way the could still drink water, but it look like they were drinking blue milk
    the liquid is seen when poured, so it can't be the glass
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by HAVOK View Post
    ......smurf pee
    *Uses Luke's ANH whiny voice*

But Uncle Owwwen! I want a big glass of smurf peeee!