Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Valoury MHS/sinktube hybrid

This saber is beautiful! You have changed the way people are going to look at sink tubes from now on. One question though: Do the sink tube ends at the back of the hilt hurt your hands? The brass ends look like they would hurt.
    _______Through power, I gain victory.
    _________Through victory, my chains are broken.
    ___________The Force shall free me.

Thanks! Not at all...the OD isn't much more then the grip section.

I'll just add to what others have already said by stating GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!
    Jedi Ronin. No Master, save the Force.

Those lips really add alot to, i dono how i want to say it, depth of the saber? point is they look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    It only comes from my own opinion.

And these are not (real) metal swords nor heavy.

I do view lightsabers as two handed weapons and to me they don't look OT length without 36 or 38 inches of blade length.
    I think the OT sabers were 1.5 hand sabers except Obi Won's and Luke's ROTJ. The fighting style in those movies don't use any spins and also I think Luke is kinda shorter so his blades would appear longer then to others. I'm 6' tall myself and 36" is more then enough on any hilt for me. It seems I prefer 32-34" so far depending on the hilt.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That is one nicely done Sinktube/MHS combo. I love the way you achieved the layered look, and the custom kill key.

the thing I dislike is the plain lower grip section. Having a Fluted grips, or even pipe cutter grips would have been better IMO.

Other that that- Well done. You have great graphic art skills too.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Thanks! Maybe the diamond plate it too distracting but that grip is MHS sleeve 1. The graphics are just something I whipped up. I'm actually pretty good at illustration and various artistic medium. I'll have to show off some of my artwork eventually. Once I get some unfinished builds out of the way..lol.

Great job Crystal!!! Beautiful saber, love the cutouts, and the emmiter is killer...

I think the OT sabers were 1.5 hand sabers except Obi Won's and Luke's ROTJ. The fighting style in those movies don't use any spins and also I think Luke is kinda shorter so his blades would appear longer then to others. I'm 6' tall myself and 36" is more then enough on any hilt for me. It seems I prefer 32-34" so far depending on the hilt.
    Dang I'm only 5'11. My 38" blade feels just right for me I can do spins tho not totally into that. To each his/or her own.

Be patient with the electronics and keep the nice sabers coming.

Crystal..

Very nice! Excellent workmanship on the sink tubes. I know this must have taken a lot of time and patience to create.

I used a blue p4 on my first saber too..you may wanna experiment with a Cree xre led next time. I used it on my last saber (posted it on here awhile back "Rogue's Creed" might be in the MHS forum section) I got it in Royal Blue and I liked it much better. But that's just my opinion>