Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Valoury MHS/sinktube hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Looks good. I really like the emitter end of the saber.

Can you tell me why you went with a 32in blade? Kinda short no?
    It's actually 34" so I need to correct the first post. Otherwise it's a little short because of the low grip on the hilt.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Just beautiful! Class A work there. Everything flows, has a great overall design, and the details are all there. I like it a LOT.

As far as a short blade, I don't know where this comes from since many REAL swords have a blade less than 32" with the exceptions being great swords like Claymores and the like. Makes things very manuverable and quick. I actually prefer a 34" blade on my personal saber and I'm 6'2".

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Fantastic... I really like your style you have a great I for design and for pulling together all the elements you need to put it all together... Love the lips on the overlays....

KI-ADI-MUNDI on FX-SABERS.com

I really like the layered sink tube lips.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

A very nice elegant saber you have there. I also prefer shorter blades, like around 32 - 34" dependant on how long the hilt is. I size my blades by holding the hilt at the grip with the blade pointing down and with the blade touching the floor your forearm should be around a 90 degree angle to your upper arm. But that is just the way I do it and I am sure other people measure there blades differently. It the blade is too long it will interfere in some of the spins and dueling. Awesome job on the saber.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

As far as a short blade, I don't know where this comes from since many REAL swords have a blade less than 32" with the exceptions being great swords like Claymores and the like. Makes things very manuverable and quick. I actually prefer a 34" blade on my personal saber and I'm 6'2".
    It only comes from my own opinion.

And these are not (real) metal swords nor heavy.

I do view lightsabers as two handed weapons and to me they don't look OT length without 36 or 38 inches of blade length.

Nice looking saber. Cool shroud work.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

very good looking saber .....like the use of the overlays their very cool looking
    Last edited by jin starkiller; 09-14-2010 at 06:11 PM.

VERY nice job there!! Me likey... a lot...

but *first* saber???
    LOCKHEED

Thanks!

Yeah this was my first saber, but I had some trouble with the sled and electronics shorting out so I put it aside and worked on other sabers till I could come up with a solution. I also tend to have several projects on the go at various stages so that the fun parts of one project will inspire me to work on the areas that are not as enjoyable on another ones. This way when I'm fed up with research or electronics for example I can work on designs and creating hilts.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 09-14-2010 at 03:58 PM.