Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Valoury MHS/sinktube hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyRogue View Post
    party foul
    I'm choosing to interpret this as envy for having my ducks in a row..lol
    Otherwise I have no idea how to interpret that. You can't please everyone so if that's the case, no big.

So many kind words from new members to those highly respected. I'm very flattered. I've been inspired and learned so much from everyone and hope to do the same in return. It appears I'm on track. Hopefully as I learn more I can pump out even more ambitious builds and find some happy homes for the creations I enjoy bringing life to.

nice saber miss Chambers. How do you exactly like US 2.5? is it a viable sound board. I'm holding out for CF specifically but may get impatient for a gift build.

Thanks. Well I think it's way better then an MR but nothing compares to a CF. I am happy with it though. The swing and clash are pretty good. Way better then MR IMO. The only thing I think MR has over it is jedi and sith sounds where US only has one. The blade shimmer/flicker is better then nothing and it's nice to be able to make some adjustments with the menu. If you do try to get a US make sure it's been tested and has the blue wire. There's been some shady business going on with US so I wouldn't recommend it which is why it's no longer in stock here. I'll leave it at that.

How did I miss this? GREAT job! Custom cut brass FTW!

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

I'm just catching up here... sorry I missed this one!

Crystal, very VERY well done!!! You have a very elegant eye and a great attention to detail. I will second what LDM has said, your progress is astounding! It feels good to see our hobby progressing through your builds... again, WELL DONE!
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Well this is indeed very impressive... you have included all the elements of a truly great saber...With the combination of chokes and sizing differences, complex and multi layered overlay (without going over the top), elegant emitter with floating ring… with a great contrast of colouring the silver and brass (brass is always class for me)… I do believe you have crafted one if not may favourite custom hilt to date... I think you have changed my ideas of emitter shrouds for all time... I truly hate to take others ideas... yet I love the shroud shape and may need to try something similar with a different blade holder... if you do not mind... also I prefer longer blades 96-97cm (38") I am 183cm (around 5'11" I think) tall
    Last edited by Firith Tar; 09-18-2010 at 05:07 AM.

Yeah I meant that it was a party foul cuz it was so NICE. Sorry if that wasn't clear . Anyway that saber looks great with the lips and the flowing curves.
    My real and legal name is Rogue. Coincidence that i like starwars. Perhaps.

Great saber Crystal. I've been out of the loop for a little bit. Great idea on using the lip of the sink tube. Those overlays are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyRogue View Post
    Yeah I meant that it was a party foul cuz it was so NICE. Sorry if that wasn't clear . Anyway that saber looks great with the lips and the flowing curves.
    AR- No worries either way, just not an expression I'm not used to and since I googled it it's appears it's meant to be a negative comment like I thought, so it sounds like you used it in the wrong context.

Firith - It seems you really picked up on things that had crossed my mind when I designed and built it. It's not taking so much as appropriating if you put your own twist on it. Like I said it was inspired by the Killer Penny and graflex mostly but still tried to adapt those qualities without looking copied. Also, giving credit is usually good etiquette.

Thanks for all the comments! It makes saber builds even more rewarding to know they're appreciated by more then myself.