Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inner diameter issue

Default Inner diameter issue

Submitted to the saber gods:

Built a few prop-only sabers from sink tube and pipe. Got one that I started yesterday that I'd like to take all the way. Here's my issue - my hilt setup has an ID of 3/4 inch and the emitter has an ID of 5/8 inch. I've found some polycarb in 5/8 and my question is - do any of the LED chips in the store fit that size? If not, any other ideas for an LED setup? Length is not an issue here - got two feet of hilt to play with - but that 3/4 ID is non-negotiable. Didn't see anything about dimensions of the chips in the store.

'Preciate the help!

i know that the lux 3 and the p4 are just under 1".....even using a 3/4 copper end cap as the heatsink won't help you out cause it is just under 1" also ....3/4 gonna be hard to try and make a led fit ..near impossible .....recomend modifying your build to have at least 1" so you can get a led in that hilt...hope this helps

Wish I could, but the hilt's iron (really) and there's nary a lathe around.

The stars are 20mm in diameter.

Hmm, might be workable. You're talking about the Rebel Star?
    Also, all of the miscellaneous stuff that it pulgs into/hooks onto, is it the same size? I think I can get a buckpuck in this thing and am curious about all of the other junk.

You could always use a LED string like an MR/Hasbro. If you want to build one I'm sure there a tutorials around. The only thing left is finding the right foam tubing to cover the LEDs inside the blade. This way you don't need a heatsink and don't have to worry about the ID if you have the right polycarb and foam.

Someone mentioned using a copper cap sold in the store to mount the luxeon. I think it has a small diameter than the heat sinks that come with the blade holders. There is also the single heatsink with fins that is sold in the store that is thinner as well. You can hold it in place with a couple well placed screws.

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeoftheSeth View Post
    Someone mentioned using a copper cap sold in the store to mount the luxeon. I think it has a small diameter than the heat sinks that come with the blade holders. There is also the single heatsink with fins that is sold in the store that is thinner as well. You can hold it in place with a couple well placed screws.
    Not the copper cap sold in the store, it's made of plastic. It's a copper plumbing pipe cap that they were referring to.
    Last edited by Darth Xusia; 09-16-2010 at 08:14 PM.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Xusia View Post
    Not the copper cap sold in the store, it's made of plastic. It's a copper plumbing pipe cap that they were referring to.
    Ah-ha! Well, there you go then ^.^

also who mounts their leds in the blade holder? all MHS parts mounts in the hilts/chokes/extensions...and is secured by the BH threads

so if the hilts section is wider...mount it in there