Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: slothfurnace's 'Derelict'

Quote Originally Posted by slothfurnace View Post
    Still not sure what I want to do with the empty sections in the big round holes on either side of the emitter though.
    I like the light shining through, but it does look a little "incomplete" doesn't it? Maybe some sort of greeblie that picks up the light?

GL with the incoming newborn!
    Yub Yub Commander.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

how about a small backlit weathered gear or lens thingy?
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    how about a small backlit weathered gear or lens thingy?
    That sounds quite good, a backlit gear, or emblem, something sithy.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

To install a switch under the red button, I snagged a tiny momentary through hole mount switch and folded the leads out, soldered my wires to that and fed it into the shroud.

Heat shrunk and installed for fit, I'll dab some hot glue over the exposed lead and that will also seat the switch and keep it from moving around.

And the switch wires run the length of the TCSS graflex adapter channel and into the switch section. I had to mill out a little ramp in the MHS Ribbed piece to allow the wires to transition from section to section without crimping.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

Very nice.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Thanks everyone! I think.... I think I am done!

And now that I have all the wiring done I want to do to this saber, it's time to finish out a few details. I placed some short pin contacts in to the holes in the adapter, and modded one of the original graflex connector tabs to fit the shallower hole of the TCSS adapter. I also put a short setscrew in between the red button and emitter to anchor the blade.

This saber is probably more fun than any of the rest I've made. It's been a great project to put together, and lots of fun once it's finished.

The giant heatsink beneath it will be the basis of my display mount when I get 'round to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqdHag9pVVU

Here's a vid of all the sound effects and whatnot in action. Thanks for looking!

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

Love every last inch of it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

This saber screams great craftsmanship, a very cool design, and it looks like its made to be wielded in battle. A++
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Sloth i've watched the video and followed the thread i have a question what are the two copper pins on both sides for? Decoration? What are the two screws above the red button? I'm guessing one it the Blade Retention screw.. what is the small silver looking button sitting on an oval metal plate? are these all just for show?