Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: slothfurnace's 'Derelict'

Love this saber so far, Slothfurnace! So much so that I am planning on building a saber inspired by Derelict. Maybe I will call it Debris...lol. I can pretty much guarantee it won't rival this saber (or any of your others), but I will do my best. I think one reason I really like this saber is that you have kept the very interesting emitter end of the Graflex flash tube (with all of its' interesting curves and doodads) and yet have gotten rid of the (to me at least) much less interesting pommel end of the Anakin/Luke Graflex saber. Add to that the fact that you are using my favorite pommel from all of the movie sabers, and you have a winner of a design on your hands. (How large a sack of cash would it take to get Acerocket to mill out some more sweet Obi pommels? I may have to rob some banks, heh heh. Just kidding government overlords...kidding!)

Anywho, awesome saber!

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Jello View Post
    I may have to rob some banks, heh heh. Just kidding government overlords...kidding!)
    Well now you will no doubt have men in black following you, or watching you through your cell phone camera...
    "War is the end result of the failures of the human condition. It is the result of those persons who want to assure their place in history, and those whole fail to learn from that history... "

"All a man can do is hope that he never has to show what he is truly capable of..."

Umbral Lotus Knives

The PC-U installed finally, and a spare white LED for now. A red LedEngin on the way for this one.

I also found a CB Radio cable plug ferrule that fits the threading of the graflex, and really simulates the "red button" enclosure. This will be my blade retention knob.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

Quote Originally Posted by slothfurnace View Post
    I also found a CB Radio cable plug ferrule that fits the threading of the graflex, and really simulates the "red button" enclosure. This will be my blade retention knob.
    Ooo. I am very interested in that ferrule. I don't suppose you would happen to know if that is a standard ferrule? Some close-up photos and specs would be very much appreciated.
    There's always a bigger fish.

waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaat!?!?!?

This is a blue saber!

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

well, he's going to use a 5W Deep red LEDengin, so nya!
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Yup, it'll be red. Or RGB, haven't quite decided, but Red to start with, anyway.

A shot with the lever and such installed. I'll need to shorten a few screws next, as I've had to put spacers in so the front box screw and the rear grip screw don't push too far into the electronics and whatnot.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

Awesome saber, remindes me of Corran Horn's saber, shame is going to be red, because a silver nlade, very unique. But Love the design.
    "CB Radio cable plug ferrule that fits the threading of the graflex, and really simulates the "red button" enclosure. This will be my blade retention knob" :0 You find a use for anything!!!!
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

I must say i do like this with the white led though...

I trust slothfurnace's aesthetic judgment more than I do my own, so I'm sure the red will be perfect.
    There's always a bigger fish.