Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: slothfurnace's 'Derelict'

Quote Originally Posted by wenoscustomworkshop View Post
    wow that is so close to what i am building..... did your top graflex piece fit perfectly on your mhs part?
    to answer your question:

Quote Originally Posted by slothfurnace View Post
    Got my extension in from TCSS today, and testfit. Looks like it's going to work.

I will have to trim down the diameter a tad just so it will fit inside the graflex top, and maybe cut down some length.

wow thanks i feel dumb i guess its just because i have been racking my brains trying to find a graflex top maybe the same one he is using

Quote Originally Posted by wenoscustomworkshop View Post
    wow thanks i feel dumb i guess its just because i have been racking my brains trying to find a graflex top maybe the same one he is using
    you *do* know that there's a cheap replica brass graflex top available in the store, right? granted it's brass, but nothing a little powdercoat or spray paint can't take care of... just sayin'...

-C
    LOCKHEED

Birchwood casey brass black is better, just sayin.

i would try that but i would like pictures of someone elses before i do it... and if i buy his i need to find a place selling the bunnyears

A bit of an update, I decided to install the graflex clamp lever I have into the new TCSS box...

I drilled a hole through the side of the TCSS box, and a larger hole on the otherside for the thinned nut.

It makes the saber feel more "original trilogy" Which is what I am going for.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

I'll be watching this ones progress with much interst
    Yub Yub Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by slothfurnace View Post
    It makes the saber feel more "original trilogy" Which is what I am going for.
    A perfect addition indeed!

Here's a shot of the freshly painted middle ribbed section. I wanted to enhance the contrast between the graflex shroud and the middle area, to bring out the curves more. I may weather this down a bit some. I also need to cut a hole for the AV switch for the box.

A little work on the emitter, made from found pieces and a chunk of steel I dished and polished to mirror smooth so it reflects the blackened metal gear piece I have around the machined brass LED holder.

I like the way the outer steel piece reflects the grooves in the gear.