Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: slothfurnace's 'Derelict'

Looks great Sloth. Actually now I want to see what you have in store for the heat sink!
    Yub Yub Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Natesroom View Post
    Sloth i've watched the video and followed the thread i have a question what are the two copper pins on both sides for? Decoration? What are the two screws above the red button? I'm guessing one it the Blade Retention screw.. what is the small silver looking button sitting on an oval metal plate? are these all just for show?
    Ok i re-read the entire post... It was an old graflex and it had those holes there for some reason and you found some brass or copper pins for them...still wondering what the small silver button to the top left (or bottom left in the picture) of the square piece

The stuff you make is simply amazing. So much so that it's a little discouraging! I think out of all the things you've posted, Sloth, this has been my absolute favorite. It's nice to see someone scratch build something that beautifully marries the two trilogies.
    "Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also."
    -Marcus Aurelius, one of the Five Good Emperors of Rome

Totally awesome..!!!1
    Sith Acolyte Saber completed

Whooops, wrong thread.
    Last edited by slothfurnace; 07-02-2012 at 12:08 PM.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

Quick question Sloth, did you thread the graflex adapter into the ribbed extension or attach it some other way?
    if you posted, i might have missed it in all this awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Vos View Post
    Quick question Sloth, did you thread the graflex adapter into the ribbed extension or attach it some other way?
    You know, I wonder about that too. If you look on page 8 at the photo of the underside of the switch box, it looks like the end screw might go into the graflex adapter, and the back screw (that you can still see) would hold it onto the ribbed section.But I am not sure.
    Sloth, any confirmation?

if thats the case i don't think it would be secure enough to duel with, it would be just for display.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Vos View Post

i hate to dig up an old thread, but i'll be doing something similar, and am trying to work out how to connect the two pieces securely
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

I'm a newbie so please forgive this bump, but this saber is so cool it actually gives me a chest pain.