Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: double edged saber

Ew. I figured with the amount of money they cost, they could at least design the speaker to have good resonance with the available space. I still have yet to own one (my plans to buy the 2010Mace Windu were foiled by a flat tire), so I'm not as familiar with their sound. All I remember is that we sold them at Best Buy about 6 years ago when I worked there as a second job.

Well Hasbro is pretty much concentrating on selling them, and I don't really think the general public would appreciate the R&D into putting in inch or so of resonance.
    Also, the battery pack/speaker combos in FFX sabers are designed to push right up against the rest of the electronics, making a tight fit with the pommel screwed on. Having the resonance would have to somehow allow them to add a sort of spacer to keep everything tight.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

I'm not talking about additional R&D, but when they originally started developement, calculating a 1/2" or so of extra space for a chamber may have been a good idea.

Hindsight is 20/20, though.

I'd recommend using the double male with slots to connect two main bodies... it looks cool as the center of the saber, and also saves you drilling into the hilt to let sound out.

EDIT: this one... http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Do...lots-P397.aspx
    Last edited by Raith; 09-21-2010 at 02:06 AM.
    I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, than have you love me for something that I'm not