Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: wiring a MR Luke ROTJ board

Default wiring a MR Luke ROTJ board

I'm new to the saber scene and i'm building my own mhs saber, i've looked around but can't find any specific diagrams on wiring the mr luke rotj board, has anyone done one yet or is it's board like the others?

There is a sticky on this very board called 'MR/Hasbro FX Wiring Diagrams'.

yeah but is one of those boards a 2003 mr luke rotj board?

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Somebody correct me if I am wrong....

The 2003 MR is EL technology, so it would be difficult to convert AC to DC for your setup. I know there is some info at FX sabers.com...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I wonder if you could just remove the inverter?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

see that's what i was thinking ( and it's the advise my uncle gave me, he's ex delta and knows his way around a lot of electronics) but i didn't see a wiring scheme for it on here.
    If it's not possible to do it without ruining the board then perhaps i'll try looking around on ebay or something for a newerish mr luke rotj board, because i know US's are no long being made and i know getting my hands on a CF is like next to impossible so, in the matter of sounds i want my saber to have the specific sound of the mr luke rotj.
    Last edited by Darth Marik; 09-11-2010 at 06:32 AM.

The Luke ROTJ soundboard has the exact same sounds as any other "Jedi" board (the ones from the anakin, obi-wan, mace etc.)

So unless you can find a way to make it drive the LED, then you can just get a different Jedi board.

"You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

hmm, i thought the saber start up was different though, that the rotj had a higher pitched start up?

if that's the case then i guess i could just use any mr board.

if i can find one on ebay or something, only thing i see up there is from a mr build your own kit sink tube with the board. but i don't want that.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

All the Jedi boards sound the same and so do the sith that is until recently. The Ventress and I think the Dooku haved diferent sith sounds and the new Removable blades Jedi and Sith boards sound different and even better IMO.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

You are incorrect about the Dooku, Ryhen. It is the same old sith FX