Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recipes

I like turning my beef or chicken ramen noodles into Thai peanut ramen.

Make ramen according to package instructions.
    Stir in 2 tblspns peanut butter (crunchy)
    Stir in 1 tsp red curry

If no curry substitute Mongolian Fire Oil (House of Tsang) or plain chili oil.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

Well, hell; I didn't see this thread before! Might as well throw my two cents in.

3-2-1 Fuzzy Navel
    -3 parts Orange Juice
    -2 parts Peach Schnapps
    -1 part Vodka
    -A splash of Cherry Juice or Grenadine (doesn't matter)
    -A cherry (optional)

Pour the first three ingredients into a standard shaker, with ice. Gently shake four or five times, then strain into a glass. Add the cherry juice or grenadine and let it settle. It almost looks like a sunset!

Four Bean Chili
    -Chili Beans
    -Kidney Beans
    -Pinto Beans
    -Black Beans
    -2 cans Hunt's Diced Tomatos (Basil, Oregano, Garlic flavor works well) or Ro Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis
    -1 packet Old El Paso Burrito Seasoning Mix
    -1 lb. ground beef or venison

Pour all the beans and tomatoes into a large pot. Set the burner on "low" and mix, then cover and forget about it. Brown the ground beef or venison as normal, in a medium pan (wide and shallow, with a lid). Once the meat is ready, dissolve one quarter of the burrito seasoning mix into a shaker with warm water and shake vigorously. Set the burner to Medium and pour the seasoning and water into the pan, then cover. The amount of water doesn't matter much, since we're going to be reducing it. Let the beef simmer until most of the water is gone, then dump it into the chili.

When the chili begins to simmer, stir in the rest of the burrito seasoning. You may feel the need to add garlic or chili powder to taste. Let the chili simmer until it thickens. The beans and tomatoes will meld together over time, creating a thick, tasty chili. Trust me.

Tomato Soup Reloaded
    -One can tomato soup (brand does not matter)
    -Whole or Vitamin D milk (skim tastes like colored water)
    -American Cheese (sliced)
    -Paul Prudhome's Pasta and Pizza Magic (regular or sweet and spicy...doesn't matter)

This recipe scales, so keep that in mind if you want larger portions. I usually use 5x and make a good size pot full of the stuff. For each can of tomato soup, fill the empty can with milk and dump it in. Set the burner to Low and cover. In an hour or so, when it gets hot enough to let off water vapor, you can start adding in the cheese. Each can of soup gets one slice of cheese, broken up so that it will melt easier. Add the Pasta/Pizza Magic to taste (it will be the only spice you need). I usually wait until the soup is hot to add the spice, since it dissolves so much easier than when cold. It's also important to cook it slowly; the spices add much more flavor and the cheese melts more evenly.

Serve with grilled cheese and crackers, if you like.

Those are my top three, I guess. I might add some more later. Enjoy!

Well since this awesome thread came back up, i guess i might as well throw in some dessert

Scotcheroos (or Deliciously Darkside Rice Krispie Treats)
    1 c. sugar
    1 c. light corn syrup
    1 c. peanut butter
    6 c. rice cereal
    1 c. chocolate chips
    1 c. butterscotch chips

- In a large pot combine sugar and corn syrup and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Immediately remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until melted.
    - Add rice cereal and mix well. Press into buttered 9"x 13" pan.
    - Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Add 15 seconds at a time, if needed. Spread over ceral mixture.
    - Cut into bars when hardened.

Serves ~6 people or 1 hungry teenager.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

seemings I am a chef by trade I am going to link you guys to my first post on my food blog where I do food and post food. The first one is my signature lasagna.

Long awaited first entry. MEAT LASAGNA

looking forward to reading more recipes.
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________