Thread: Asajj conversion

Default Asajj conversion

so has anyone ever taken apart the saber if so is there any possibility of Tim making a conversion kit?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

There have been a few people who have converted these, some only once because they are a pain in the butt.

Do-Clo has done a few conversions, but I think he said he's not doing anymore.

So it's not likely that Tim will be doing a conversion kit.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Im not sure but it might happen...Tim helped me out with this but I dont want to say anymore. Thanks Tim!!

Dammit, I wrote a guide for you to follow. Browser ate it.
    TL;DR version.
    Remove endcap, remove 2x phillips head screws. Drill out metal plug on underside of hilt, remove 1x PH screw. Drill out hex socket screws in ribbed section and remove. Difficult to hold still with allen key, glued in - drilling out head was only way I could get them out. They go right through hilt and blade.
    Under the ribbed section are 2x PH screws (I think*). Remove them then slide flanged emitter housing along blade axis, may need to lever it a bit, they threw epoxy all over the place on mine. (*they might be under here instead. I'd already broken my hilt by this stage. I'll check the bits tomorrow.) When that slides free, hilt halves can be separated.
    Other people have suggested the dooku kit for the conversion, it'll take some dremel work on the inside of the hilt to get it to fit properly.
    I'll take photos tomorrow.
    Dave
    Last edited by DarthPawley; 09-06-2010 at 06:32 AM.