Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Graflex - A New Hope(that it will turn out better)

I may have confused a few. What you see for the Graflex body is my old model. I kept modifiying it to the point where I thought I went too far. That and my chassis wasn't the greatest. I made a new chassis and it's my intention to get a replica and make that into an ANH version. Sunday I decided to make one more change with my old one. The "Starkiller cut". The brass, which is mainly what a Graflex body is made of, was so much easier to cut through than I thought it would be. As I said I think it makes a neat display piece.
    Last edited by B5813; 09-20-2010 at 04:46 PM.

I actually really like the original. From what I can see the only customized looking parts are the card and grips which look like they match. The chamber looks awesome! Not my idea of the perfect chamber but it looks realistic and different from others I've seen. To me originality is very important. I'm sure if you have something better in mind it'll be worth it though.

I do find it odd that you put so much time, money, and thought into this, and not be fussy about the crystal.

I have so many small details along that 1.5" space. Those few pictures don't really show it all. The "crystal" alone isn't all that important to me at least not as a single focus. It's there, it gets lit up, it has it's place but it's not the lone focus of that section of the chassis. One of the things I liked doing more was placing copper "cooling coils" on the backside of the crystal area. I was inspired to do that after seeing what Slothfurnace did using the guitar strings.