Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Graflex - A New Hope(that it will turn out better)

Default Graflex - A New Hope(that it will turn out better)

I've had the Graflex above for quite a while. Not really ever happy with the chassis setup as I didn't think out the placement of the 3 sections(driver, crystal bling, batteries). I ended up placing the crystal chamber section below the heatsink so you could never see it when you took off the clamp/lower body. I ended up messing with the body to the point where I'm ordering a replica some time and making it into the classic A New Hope. It's just one of those things a Star Wars fan should have. The two pictures of the crystal chamber are from my new chassis build. Everything is where it should be this time and all works well. Fisnished up some small details and I think it's done now. Just need to order a couple of round 6/32 threaded stays to connect the battery sled to the rest of the chassis.

Looks more like an ESB to me. Nice job though. What are those grips?
    Two there should be. No more. No less. One to embody the power, the other to crave it. -Darth Bane
    If a Luxeon III gets hot enough to melt...[hot]glue, something's wrong with your wiring! -Jay Gon Jinn

The hilt in the pictures is the hilt that ended up wrong. It'll be changed out for a new Graflex replica. That's what will become the A New Hope version. Those grips were rather thick brass strips cut to length. As for the green blade/blue crystal... well... I've had that green K2 for a long time. I like green blades in general. I had the crystal on hand and thought no need to go buying more pieces and parts right now. More like making due with what you have to save a few dollars.

Knowing I'd be buying a knew Graflex replica I cannibalized a few small parts from my current one. Both sets of charge pins and the glass from the glass eye. I think now the small details are finished with the chassis.

Well, I thought that I would try to salvage my current Graflex body for the time being. I originally had a fairly small hole cut in the upper half above the clamp to expose the previous crystal. I decided to cut out a much larger, squareish section similar to the Starkiller look. It exposes some of the heatsink fins and driver board section. When the crystal chamber is lit this section is also lit. I think this will serve well for at least a cool display.
    Last edited by B5813; 09-20-2010 at 04:43 PM.

What's wrong with it? It looks good to me!

the grips are wrong if going with a cannon anh graflex

I thought he meant that it was, like, damaged beyond repair or something.