Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Hasbros @ Walmart

According to what I've read, and also seen on a youtube video of the board in a custom saber, the sound mixing isn't great. But it does sound VERY dark and menacing.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

it's really not mixed at all. nor is it overlayed. the humming just seems to go silent during clash and swing sounds. that might be because they're so much louder though. at least the moment they switch isn't all that bad.

but the main thing is that it sounds really dark and menacing and i'll be using one of them in my second build.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

just picked up an Obi-Wan at K-Mart for $15.99. they are going on sale
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cern View Post
    just picked up an Obi-Wan at K-Mart for $15.99. they are going on sale
    Thanks for the tip, hopefully that sale's in effect out here in Denver as well.

EDIT: Just to clarify, that is the price available on Kmart's website, too. If you've been waiting to get your hands on an Obi sound board, 15.99 looks good to me.
    Last edited by Mind-gon Ohnobi; 10-25-2010 at 05:30 AM.

I just noticed that the 2010 Hasbro Obi-Wan molds are the same as the 2004 ones.

for those of you using the hasbro board, is there a way around the driving to not blink and to light up normally ? so it looks more real and less like a blinking flashlight?
    Jhadious Aran

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No one has come up with a way yet.

Occasionally, when I used a relay the Strobing effect was eliminated, but sometimes it wasn't.

Sorry dude.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Just don't use the negative leads from the board, yeah? All you should have to do is put one lead from the battery to the switch and two leads from the switch, one to the board and one to the LED (with proper resistoring/regulating/etc), right?

He'd need a latching pcb in there too, because the hasbro is momentary.
    I think it could be accomplished with a large enough cap, to maintain an open gate on the transistor. you'd have to ask one of the REAL electronics people though.

ahh, alright no biggie then, was just curious if it was possible. you make do with what you can
    Jhadious Aran