Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Hasbros @ Walmart

I think that is what a polulu board is for, right?

Hey guys,

What do you think is the best soundboard of these 2010 ones? I'm planning on getting one to stuff in an Anakin stunt I have, and I don't really wanna spring for MR sound. I don't know a whole lot about how these boards behave, but which one do you guys prefer to use in your sabers? What do they sound like?

They all sound the same, I personanly would use the Obi Wan, due to its small size.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Really? Ok, excellent. Are they fairly easy to wire? Would I need to mess with the LED setup, or can I bypass it and just power the board?

2010 sabers at Target for $16.09.
    Mostly Yodas & Anakins remain.

Walmart has $16.00 price still, but stock is very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Mostly Yodas & Anakins remain.
    Saberfans bought all the Obis

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

I you're willing to pay the extra five bucks, toys R us usually stocks the Obi's heavily.

This has probably been answered in here, but... I don't want to be confused...

Does this one (2010 Obi/Hasbro/etc.) work from a single 3.7v Li-Ion? Or is it 4.5v or > ... OR is it more like 6v, etc. etc.

Anyone know?
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Does this one (2010 Obi/Hasbro/etc.) work from a single 3.7v Li-Ion? Or is it 4.5v or > ... OR is it more like 6v, etc. etc.
    Out of the box the product wants 3xAAs. I haven't yet torn it apart (son hasn't gone to bed yet), so I don't know about the card's voltage, which is probably what you (and I) want to know.

<quote>Saberfans bought all the Obis.</quote>

Nonsense! I only brought home 5 Obis an a Darth today (after visiting a Walmart and 2 Targets).

nova i have had the 2010 boards run on single 18650's, 2x18650's, 4.8 nihm AAA packs, and the 6v AA holder running 2500mah nihm cells. i havent metered the board outputs, but i cant tell much difference between the setups other than run times being greater with the larger packs. one thing to note, i have only done this with vader boards as i havent been able to track down obi's