Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: my saber idea "Reclemation"

i have a template for a graflex front that i found a wile back and plan on using that. For sound i plan on making use of an old hasbro saber sound board i have one that the crapy blade was broken off of by my son. the Idea of a blaster trigger for the activation switch may be kind of cool. i may think that over. Thanx for the the offer for help and the new idea.

Surely you will work on your own desing, but I made these few renders what I thought looked kinda cool.

Parts used:
    ANH Graflex Top
    Barrel from E-11
    Scrap metal
    Muzzle Flash hider of DL-44

I really like that. It would probably be pretty hard to find a half-graflex out there, though. But it would be neat. It's Frankensaber!

like this:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Re...-top-P394.aspx

although brass it cold be plated, pc'd or painted even..

Well wookie there. I never really searched through all the graflex stuff.

It's been forever since I've posted (or even logged in), in the time I've been gone I've been able to further refine my idea. I've also gotten a 3d printer and have been experimenting with printed components, including a Graflex style front end. Once I get a little more work done on my basic chassis I'll post some pics for comments.

Yes, lol. (Although it did take a couple of times trying)
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1261274 this is the stl model files I'm using for the graflex end and emitter I'm using for my build. I figured I would share for those that have access to a 3d printer and wanted to try them out as well. Be advised! a printed saber will not hold up to mock combat, these files make a "shelf queen" / "hero model" only.(with plenty of post print sanding and smoothing.) If your looking to make a stunt saber look elsewhere.

Cool.... I'm working on one with a graflex "inspired" top design in a pseudo star killer-ish type fashion... but I'll be cutting the graflex "like" part from a sink tube and layering it over MHS parts from the store. These types of sabers seem to be a somewhat "common" theme, but they all are a little different with their own unique personalities which is pretty cool.