Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How to wire an RGB?

Hi Fender. Does it still light up backwards? The reason I'm asking is I wired mine pos to pos and negative to negative and it worked.

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out the best way to do RGB and it seems the DealExtreme LED will work best for now since I don't have any experience with multiple colors.

I'm looking to make a saber with constantly changing colors. I ripped open a color changing night light from Wal-Mart and I think the board from that should work since it does exactly what I need. It just lights up a Red LED, a Green LED, and a Blue LED in a cycling pattern to create this really cool and gradual shifting of colors. I just need to change the resistors on it since I'll be using a much lower voltage than what its made for.
    Last edited by vamphunterx; 01-16-2011 at 02:22 AM. Reason: OMG, There the link is gone

I believe that is the correct LED

also..have you metered the 'pcb' you are trying to use? to see what type of current/juice it puts out?

my first thought would be that it doesnt give enough to drive a high powered LED..

the DX RGB needs te following per DIE:

Red: 2.5V ~ 3.0V, 350mA
    Green: 3.2V ~ 3.8V, 350mA
    Blue: 3.2V ~ 3.8V, 350mA

I don't have a multimeter(I think thats what I need to measure that, right?)

I also saw something about Seoul Q5, but I can't find these on Seoul website

Try P5

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

first off, be careful linking to their site since Tim sells some things that they also sell.

second off, it's a Seoul P5, just as has been mentioned in the other thread about RGB LEDs.

third off, that's a rather low max mA rating for each die... you might want to search for a CREE MC-E RGBW on there if you're bent on ordering from them...

fourth off, the one time i ordered from them it took nearly 2 months to get my order and other people seem to have similar shipping wait times (1-3 months).
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by vamphunterx; 01-15-2011 at 01:36 AM.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by vamphunterx View Post
    Thanks Skottsaber & xl97
    i guess i'm just chopped liver or something then...

I'm sorry Azmaria, Thank You too. I didn't know you had also answered my question on the other RGB thread. And I don't think I'm gonna go with DX now since you and others have said that they can take a while to ship orders. I also want something with a little more "umph" to it.

I also feel stupid since I completely forgot about posting questions about this stuff about 2 years ago. But I haven't really been on here since that time until now. And now I see that Sunrider had suggested the perfect alternative to the Walmart light pcb I was originally thinking about using. Next time I'll try not to be so lazy not to thoroughly search through old posts.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

no worries love - it happens to all of us. ^_^