Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Foam for LED string... who sells it?

Wink Foam for LED string... who sells it?

Does anyone know where to get the foam for LED string sabers like they use in the MR sabers? And where to get the LED strings ?

You make the LED strings on your own, and you should try the Makoto-style LEDs found in the TCSS shop.

I think they cut their own foam, too, but I don't know about that.

try ebay to buy old blades and the diffuser foam..

Also Eastern57 has made mako style sting blade before.. (and I thought posted on it)..

make a good 'jig' for bending the leds to make yoru ladder.. and then sit back.. and "git-'r'-done"..

Okay... So I make the LED string, but there must be a way to get new foam, or make it. I don't want to get old MR foam everytime. Ant tips??

You could go buy foam from a hobby shop, I'm sure.

i have some old MR foam that i don't need

TCSS Resident Annoyance
    NOOBS: Don't be annoying, thats my job, GO HERE

Thanks for the offer on the MR foam, but I am hoping to find new foam. I am trying to avoid having to find old MR parts as they will run out eventually, and I want the LED string to be nice and tight.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

MR/Hasbro force FX = same/same; they're still being made. There are people who have converted hundreds of sabers... and probably have a lot of those inserts laying around.

I use those foam inserts all the time, and I've made a dozen+ such blades. They're actually perfect for this purpose, and even if the previous owner bashed the hot-crap out of the balde - it's foam, it generally stays in good condition.

I'd been searching for years for a source. The truth [that I've found] is that no one (outside of the manufacturer for hasbro) makes white, polyethylene, foam tubes in those dimensions - they're specially made for Hasbro Force FX lightsabers.

If you want them in bulk, you could commission a company to specially mold them... but IMO, if the discarded ones are there - and in good condition - take em!

That's great info. I can't seem to find a source for similar foam either. I guess MR/ Hasbro foam is all we got.

Does anyone on here have a couple pieces of diffuser foam they'd be willing to part with? I'm start to construct a few strings and can't find the foam anywhere.