Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Portable Drill Press

Thats a steal!

(looks up)
    hmm....

Anybody think this guy is a bot?
    Look at the links in his sig.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Yup, totally.

EDIT: Great, now that the bot is gone, it looks like I am the bot!
    Last edited by RevengeoftheSeth; 09-25-2010 at 11:54 AM.

I was actually looking at some attachment kinda like this, except it held your drill horizontally. The idea was to use it as a lathe, but on reading reviews, it sounded as wobbly as it looked.

On a more positive note, I'm in an apartment building (well, condo), and there is a tool/shop room downstairs that we can use. Last night, I decided to see what all was down there, and though there's no lathe, there is a small drill press. Yay!

well....now i have a better idea myself on what to buy. as of now im rather stuck with these....

im not bad with the pin drill, but it wont fit anything above like 9/32 if i remember right.
    Last edited by kage_no_mozaiku; 03-01-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Please try and remember when posting here, not to revive old threads unless you have some good information to add to the topic.
    If you have questions about a specific post, (like in the vibration motor thread), please PM the poster, so as not to necropost.

Thanks

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

oh....i umm.....im sorry. -gives a sheepish look and turns a bit red- umm....i didnt think about looking at how old the thread was. ill....make sure to look at teh umm....date before i post anymore.

The harbor freight one is fine. It may not be the best drill press in the world, but it's not going break on you like those crappy conversion kits. I've had one in my garage for 10 years and it still works as well as the day I bought it. Its seen a lot of abuse too.

It is important to make sure you measure to be sure you can fit the longest bit you have in the drill press and still use it with the clamp system you want. I had to get a sears one because it had the longest distance to fit some of the counterbores that I have.
    maCemAchINe