Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: keysaber?

Default keysaber?

just a really random Q,but has anyone thought about merging a keyblade with a lightsaber?

nope, don't know how you'd get the light to travel throughout the key shaped blade so that it resembles a lightsaber/keyblade combo, or how you'd get the blade shaped like a key.
    what you could do is have the shaft of the key as the lightsaber blade and attach a wooden or plastic piece that resembles the teeth of the key onto the end

TCSS Resident Annoyance
    NOOBS: Don't be annoying, thats my job, GO HERE

Wouldn't be too hard if you made an LED string that went through the key portion.

you'd need about 150+ LEDs and the diffuser would be pretty hard to make

TCSS Resident Annoyance

Quote Originally Posted by galen marek View Post
    Not really if use a foam diffuser like Makototsai does for his sabers. I think the hardst part would be bending the poly-c into the key shape.

I've seen some japanese katana sabers, and they used acrilic sheets and a led strip to achieve a katana that lights up. So I'm gussing find that same sheeting, cut your design, and make that led stirp and your set. I however don't know how well it would stand to dualing though.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

ah fair enough

TCSS Resident Annoyance

I was just thinking about making a normal lightsaber,then glueing on a plastic piece that looks like the key teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by galen marek View Post
    Depends on how big you make the key. A standard saber need about 50 LEDs. Adding the key part couldn't require more than another 50.

The hard part would be fitting the polycarb tubes together rigid enough to not snap off or break.

No matter how you make the blade it's not really going to be dualable, unless you know how to make a mould and pour the polycarb and make it hollow. Even said that I wouldn't dual with it. Thus thats why I think the acrylic sheets would be best, more uniform and easier to do.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)