Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what parts needed to make an obi wan saber?

'accurate' in the sense that in reality the MHS builder only does 'solid' colors (meaning the whole part is powder coated).. and thats a base/flat fee..

if you wanted somethign powder coated which maybe had the ribs on a ribbed section NOT powder coated... that is an extra charge for servfice work (I think $5.00?) to put the part back on the lathe...etc..

but for base parts and costs it should be accurate..

if you want a base, solid color pwder coat it will also be accurate..

Ahhh ok now I know what you mean.

thank you!

DianaG

here is a link to a picture of the Obi saber used in ANH and myabe others it is made frm the exact same parts as the movie prop so other than some was it greeblies? (not sure if it had any) it is a good point to refer to.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...4&d=1284400374

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I know you're trying to be helpful, but that's not really a good angle to see all the parts on that saber.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

is there a way the picture of the sabers can be done from a diffrent angle?

I would like to see it from above too and not just from the "butt" end...

I can see the only problem I may have is getting the graflex flash grip part....

I have almost enough saved up to get the heatsink and the blade holder part first, then save up to get the electronics...and go from there.

DianaG

Hopefully this helps.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

And here are two of mine....

I'll help you if you need it on the small stuff like the transistors, etc

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

oh thank you for those pics!that gives me a better view of what I need to do.
    Very nice work!

did you make your own graflex clamp or is that a real one on the weathered looking saber on the top of the page?

I probably will need your help on the transistor and electronics part on this saber....I will take me a bit to get the parts but once I do I will post here.

(I need to raise some money, I am going to sell my MR Force FX construction kit on ebay ....I thought about cannibalising it for parts but I have no idea on how to do that...and with my stiff hands I'd probably kill it..or hurt myself getting it open... building one from scratch will be safer!)

DianaG

Quote Originally Posted by DianaG View Post
    oh thank you for those pics!that gives me a better view of what I need to do.
    Very nice work!

did you make your own graflex clamp or is that a real one on the weathered looking saber on the top of the page?

I probably will need your help on the transistor and electronics part on this saber....I will take me a bit to get the parts but once I do I will post here.

(I need to raise some money, I am going to sell my MR Force FX construction kit on ebay ....I thought about cannibalising it for parts but I have no idea on how to do that...and with my stiff hands I'd probably kill it..or hurt myself getting it open... building one from scratch will be safer!)

DianaG
    I just sent you a PM regarding a few things.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Many people have done MHS Obi builds on this forum. You should have no trouble doing a search to find lots of pictures. Also, just looking at the store parts you shouldn't have too much trouble visualizing what you'd need to put the body together. The clamp will cost you and that's the trouble with camera collectors who noticed how much Star Wars people were willing to pay for all things Graflex. Today you will find new replica pieces but twenty years ago nobody imagined that a Graflex flash gun could sell for $150 and more. If/when you score a clamp you'll have to shave down the four tabs on the inner diameter and then shim it over the MHS body with a section of sinktube.