Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First Saber Design

Default First Saber...Most Fun

All right, so this is my first saber design using MHSSB. I'm fairly happy with the outcome and am really excited to get it purchased and started! And yes, I do know that I'll need more than what is shown...and yes, I know that red acetal thumb screw is not a button. It, however, will be on this saber.

As this is my first saber, I'll only be installing an LED and standard latching switch (stunt saber).

EDIT: Retrieved a sound board from my gutted 1999 Hasbro Qui-Gon Jinn lightsaber. Installing it should be quite simple. I found the wiring diagrams, and now I just need to check and see what the proper resistor would be to use.

Any pointers that I could use?
    Last edited by Andro; 08-25-2010 at 07:54 PM.

What batteries will you be using and what LED?

I'll be using a Seoul P4, though I'm still debating between green or blue as a beam color.

It will all be powered by 4 AAA batteries in their respective holder.

In the main store website, at the bottom left there is actually a neat little tool for figuring up your resistor called 'LED Resistor Chart'. You should check that out and it will tell you exactly what you need. Your combination is definetely in there.

You can also check out the wiring diagram board and read the posts about Ohms law to learn how to calculate it yourself.

I think I may have played with that earlier (quite literally )! Thanks though, I'll have to check it out again!

I'll definitely have to work on that!

I think that you will find some unique challenges with the particular render you have posted.... good luck!
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Just as I was hoping for! And thank you, because I'll need that luck!

6 volts is too much for a hasbro 1999 Qui-gon Jinn board...it'll burn up with that. Those are limited to about 4.5 volts.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Really! So two AA batteries can power it successfully? Possibly three?

You have just saved me some serious annoyances. Thanks!

EDIT: Just did a search and pulled up a few topics about the '99 Qui-Gonn saber. I can't thank you enough for warning me ahead of time.
    Last edited by Andro; 08-25-2010 at 09:38 PM.

yeah... I just killed my 1997 luke a couple days ago. normally I wouldn't be bummed about it, but it was from my very first lightsaber ever. : (