Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OMG JediSaberSmith

Default OMG JediSaberSmith

That TPM Obi Saber is absolutely amazing... /drool... Where'd ya get that?

-----------------------------------------
    A Jedi feels the Force flowing through him..

I wish I could say it was mine, but Im not that fortunate. It belongs to a customer of mine. It is a Larbel saber. You can sometimes find them on e-bay. Though I havent seen any lately. They were sold with EL blades. He wanted his converted to LED. If I find one for a decent deal I will be buying one. Its a real work of art.

JediSaberSmith
    An Elegant Weapon From A More Civilized Age
    www.jedisabersmith.com

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by JediSaberSmith

Its a real work of art.
    JediSaberSmith
    www.jedisabersmith.com
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Indeed. I'm curious as to how I could duplicate that pommel...

You don't need to see any identification.

Here's some picks of the pommel and how it goes together.

JediSaberSmith
    www.jedisabersmith.com

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by JediSaberSmith

Here's some picks of the pommel and how it goes together.

JediSaberSmith
    www.jedisabersmith.com
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Nice! Now, to get my hands on the components...[]

Or, a link at the very least. (Ya hear that, Strydur? Open the store, and quick!!![][])

You don't need to see any identification.

Well, if you people find that cool, drool over THESE!! :P

About a month and a 1/2 ago, I had an EXTREMELY rare opportunity to compare pretty much the best and rarest Obi-Wan EP.1 hilts side-by-side!!!

I have tried many times to win the bidding on various versions of a Larbel Obi-Wan Ep1, but always lost. Then, I had a extremely lucky chance find on the 'net, and was able to purchase a Park's EL-loaded Obi-Wan Ep.1.

At a recent Comic and Entertainment Expo, I met a guy that actually owns a Larbel. I mentioned that I own a Park's and the two look VERY similiar, except mine (Park's) was EL-loaded, and his Larbel was not.

So, I was able to coordinate a quick photo-shoot/comparision of our two rare and expensive lightsabers. I have FINALLY gottem around to uploading the pics to my site.

You are the first to see them.

LOL - and inside my case there, I also had/have a Qui-Gon Ep.1 Park's EL-loaded hilt also. A LOT of money sitting right there!![8D]

Oh, just a quick note about Larbel hilts: not all were made/sold with EL electronice installed. Not all of them were even capable of installing EL electronoics. From what I have learned, the EL-loaded Larbels are much more rare.

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/</center>

Those are great picks, I hope to own one for myself one day. I was never a huge fan of this hilt until I had one im my hand. I have sence changed my mind. They are beautiful.

JediSaberSmith
    www.jedisabersmith.com

I LOVE mine!! I was surprised at just how small this particular hilt (design) is, though. Great 1-hander, but a little awkward for a 2-hand grip (but doable).

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/</center>

Larbels are nice.I wish I had purchased all of Episode I sabers when he ran his site. I think it was called plasma blade or something like that. At the time, 1999, most of his hilts were in the $285 range.....I think.

Oh yeah,
    Nice hilts JR!

I must fight this sickness.....

I must be the minority. The hilt itself isnt to bad but I think the huge chunky ball on the end is ugly. In general I think the Ep 1 Obi is the least attractive of all the movie sabers. But that is my opinion. I will say that both of those sabers look very well made. I had a chance to see and use a "non existant" parks qui gon. Ever since then I have wanted one. It's to bad he doesn't make them.[]