Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need a Wiring Check

Default Need a Wiring Check

Ok so I need a guru to check my wiring. If you have any input tell me if I need resistors and where. I know the diagram is terrible but I'll explain.

Legend:"MSW"= Momentary switch
    "LSW"= Latching switch
    "BP"= Battery pack
    "US"= Ultrasound 2.5
    "CLP"= Clip release
    "RCP"= Recharge port
    "SP"= Speaker
    "LUX-K2-WH"= Luxeon K2 White
    "L1-Y"= Main Indicator LED- Yellow
    "L2-R"= Idle indicator LED- Red

Recharge port is wired to be a kill switch also for power
    Latching switch interrupts current from (-)recharge port (ground) to (-) board.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any reason why you're using a latching switch instead of a kill plug with the recharge port? It will work the way you have it, but seems extraneous if you use the recharge port sold here at TCSS with a kill plug.

Other than that, looks reasonable. I'd try for colors other than black/red when you actually wire it up, to prevent insanity, but....

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan View Post
    Any reason why you're using a latching switch instead of a kill plug with the recharge port? It will work the way you have it, but seems extraneous if you use the recharge port sold here at TCSS with a kill plug.

Other than that, looks reasonable. I'd try for colors other than black/red when you actually wire it up, to prevent insanity, but....
    I don't plan on using it as a kill switch but a secondary precaution to prevent trickle draining the batteries and risk frying the board during recharge.

in addition to the kill plug, an extra latching switch to make double sure you aren't leaking juice/killing the board during charging.

sounds ok.

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I take it that you already have the US 2.5 and the white K2?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

no neither but I can wait for the Ultrasound and I decided to go with the P4 white higher lumens

Quote Originally Posted by Enzerumo View Post
    no neither but I can wait for the Ultrasound and I decided to go with the P4 white higher lumens
    You do know there will not be any more Ultrasounds, right? Ultrasabers had to cancel production on them due to issues with the manufacturer.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

well bollocks well then what you suggest I get? crystal focus? or what else is there?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Good luck getting a Crystal Focus too. They are only made a few at a time and only go on sale once or twice a year.

The easiest board to get is to get a Hasbro FX saber and rip the card out of it. That is what I do for most of my sabers. You can also use the sound board out of a Hasbro toy saber with decent results.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

I got an old Yoda(pre-hasbro, MR version) I could cannibalize would I need to add some resistors to it though?