Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Modding out my GOW2 Replica Lancer

Default Lancer project update.

So these pictures show the lancer with the machine gun sound card installed. I still have to attach the speaker. But the empty space where the 9v sits fits perfectly.
    I also tried my hand at wiring a few of the LED's and as you can see they all work AND I didnt fry anything I am so proud of my self *does the little happy dance* but I just wanted to post this and to thank everybody for your help and advice. Mind you the wiring for the LED's is just PRACTICE. It will look nothing like that when I am done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Very nice. Great job.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Default led fitting and test tonight.

Well today had its ups and downs. I recieved my toy chainsaw and ......... a little disapointed. The only sound that comes off of the sound card is an chainsaw engine idle sound. When you pull the trigger to activate the blade all you hear is the little motor making the "chain" go around the gear. So.... Improvise Adapt and Overcome.I unsoldered the little motor that came with the chainsaw and resoldered the orginal motor with the counter weight that came with the lancer and it works beautifully. So that problem is solved. With that hurdle tackled I decided to play with a couple of my LED's I figured out what I was going to use for my diffuser. I wired up the LED's (not a single piece of black tape was used). I fitted them in the lancer inserted the diffuser and I have a really good lighting affect. I am very happy with this. Comments and constructive crit are ALWAYS welcome.
    Last edited by morpheus1977; 08-31-2010 at 08:11 AM.

Default Finished all of the LED wiring.

So big step finished tonight. I wired up and mounted all of my LEDs. This project is comming along great I included a couple of pics showing off one half of the lancer lit up. I can't show both halfs untill it's finished. I should be able to finish the sound card mounting and be finished tomorrow night. I will post some pics and hopefully a video by fri.
    I want to thank J-Lo,Rhyen Skytracker, Alreadyrogue,Corbin Das and anybody else who gave me advise on this part of the project. (who knows how many LEDs I would have gone through. I didnt fry a single one.)
    Last edited by morpheus1977; 09-02-2010 at 07:31 AM.

Nice dude!

thanks I cant wait to finish this.

Default Stick a fork in this project I am done.

So with my final two hours complete this project is finished I am really happy the way it turned out. I am even getting used to the chainsaw soundcard I got. But that doesnt mean I wont be keeping an eye out for a better one. Here are a couple of pics of me with the finished lancer and a couple of the lancer by it's self (those are alot better in my opinion LOL) I am hoping to take some video tomorrow so you can hear it. Please let me know what you think comments and constructive crit ALWAYS welcome.

Looks pretty cool.... and mean.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Nice dude, and nice trigger control