Thread: Mandalore The Lesser/Custom Sith Helmet WIP

Default Mandalore The Lesser/Custom Sith Helmet WIP

Hey all, im making a Mandalore the Lesser styled Custom Sith Helmet. The Lesser, was a gladiator on genenosis in The SWTOR MMO era, 3500ish BBY..

I have already drawn out my sketches and have begone drawing my templates for it, I'm going to a metal and lumber store on wednesday to pick up some galvinzed steel sheet metal and pop rivets. and from there ill get some bondo to cover up the area's ill be riveting the sheet metal together, id love to be able to just weld it, but i dont have much skill in welding, minimal at best, and i dont have acess to any equipment without having to rent/buy it. anyways im going to scan my sketches of it tomorrow and post them on here, and hopfully get my templates posted on here too, for now though, and for those of you who dont know what im talking about when i say Mandalore the Lesser, heres what I mean:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SithDuelist45; 08-23-2010 at 12:06 AM.
    "The Ability To Destroy A Planet, Is Insignificant Compared To The Power Of The Force" -Darth Vader

"An Alliance Forged By Hatred, Is A Fragile Thing At Best" -Darth Traya

"Time To Die Bug Face" -Darth Revan

Wink

sorry about the first image, i havnt gotten adobe photoshop back up and running just yet so bear with me, i just had my computer get full memory wipe, due to viruses and stuff, so im still re-enstalling all of my previous programs, PC games, picture/movie editors ect
    "The Ability To Destroy A Planet, Is Insignificant Compared To The Power Of The Force" -Darth Vader

This thread is relevant to my interests...
    Also, have you checked out Mandalorian Mercs yet? Plenty of good info on costuming for Mandalorians, lots of helmet builds to give you ideas and techniques if need be.

cool thanks man. yeah I have check it the mercs, i actually am building a bucket and mando kit on the side in hopes of joining them, but im not sure about how many people live in my area. I would fall under NWC region/clan but in live in Kent, Wa so again, the drive might not be worth it... but im a huge Sith fan, not a convert like many people now-a-days, lol when i was in 2nd grade i was darth vader while everyone else was fighting to be luke lmao..

anyways, i should have my pics up tomorrow morning, just borrowed my friends camera, though, i was unable to use sheet metal like i originally had hoped to, it a little expensive for my lifestyle atm. also i'll be posting up pics of what i plan my armour to look like after completely finished, its just a sketch and i might tweek this and that a little bit depending on my skill level, and availiblity of materials and tools..

and again sorry its taking so long for me to post pics.

Quote Originally Posted by SithDuelist45 View Post
    cool thanks man. yeah I have check it the mercs, i actually am building a bucket and mando kit on the side in hopes of joining them, but im not sure about how many people live in my area. I would fall under NWC region/clan but in live in Kent, Wa so again, the drive might not be worth it... but im a huge Sith fan, not a convert like many people now-a-days, lol when i was in 2nd grade i was darth vader while everyone else was fighting to be luke lmao..

anyways, i should have my pics up tomorrow morning, just borrowed my friends camera, though, i was unable to use sheet metal like i originally had hoped to, it a little expensive for my lifestyle atm. also i'll be posting up pics of what i plan my armour to look like after completely finished, its just a sketch and i might tweek this and that a little bit depending on my skill level, and availiblity of materials and tools..

and again sorry its taking so long for me to post pics.
    Well if there aren't many members in your area at first, it just means you need to get people interested.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

The NWC covers a pretty large area.
    I'm sure there's plenty fo folks close buy. Head on over there and give them a shout. Lots of resources there for helping build the Mando.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkaiHalon View Post
    The NWC covers a pretty large area.
    I'm sure there's plenty fo folks close buy. Head on over there and give them a shout. Lots of resources there for helping build the Mando.
    Besides, even if there aren't a whole lot of people near you, there is still a ton of advice available and plenty of good people over at the Mercs. Which reminds me, I need to figure out what clan I'm near now that I've moved...

yeah all the NorthWest costuming groups are like that. in Oregon one garrison for either 501 or RL covers the whole state with 99.9999% of its members in one city on one end of the state.
    I live in Oregon and wont bother to join any of the groups because I live at the other end.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer42 View Post
    Besides, even if there aren't a whole lot of people near you, there is still a ton of advice available and plenty of good people over at the Mercs. Which reminds me, I need to figure out what clan I'm near now that I've moved...
    BlueMoon Squad.