Thread: 2010 Hasbro Anaking Board

Default 2010 Hasbro Anaking Board

Alright, here are some photos of the 2010 Hasbro Board (only one i could find, paid ~$20 for the saber).

SETUP:
    Seoul P4 (White)
    TCSS Switch (Silver Jewel)
    TCSS Battery Holder (I have 4xAA and 4XAAA available)

Help:
    I have read/understand how to set up the Obi-Wan but this one looks pretty different to me... even the 'button' emplacement... I need help to properly set this up w/o burning it. I understand i need to purchase further 'parts' to make this work properly (PNP Power Transistor, and a 'buckpuck'?). I just need to know if they are the same parts for the Obi-Wan, and where i solder/plug them.

Help

Pics (Can take more if needed, just ask for the angle/specifics):

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The easiest way to wire up the switch is to ignore the switch on the back of the board and just solder wires to sw- and sw+ on the front side. This will switch the board on and off just like the switch on the back does. This board is the same board as the Vader and the Vader already has wires soldered in the sw- and sw+ holes. It is a real pain to get the whole LED board off, so what I do is just desolder the individual LEDs on the board, take them off and solder a wire to one of the LED - holes. You can tell which one to solder them to by looking for a trace that is common to all 3 LEDs. That is the - and the correct one to solder the wire that goes to the transistor base to.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Hmm i see, thanks bud!

Check out the video onthe very 1st page of the thread on this board. Should clear it up for ya.
    Jedi Ronin. No Master, save the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Et Kin Evenstar View Post
    Check out the video onthe very 1st page of the thread on this board. Should clear it up for ya.
    Urgh can't find it... mind linking it?

Thanks

here is the thread he was refering to

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...highlight=2010

read the whole thread and you will figure out how these work...also i found easiest way to get the led off first desolder then use cutting wheel with dremel to detach it but be careful not to cut the board
    Last edited by jin starkiller; 08-22-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks, just need a PNP power resistor now.. *orders online*.

Edit: I'm told i need a PNP TIP42 Power Transistor... i checked online and theirs a couple of those, all different. Can someone tell me exactly which one i need?

I found this locally: TIP42C

Online i have a lot of choices (but they require shipping/wait): http://ca.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=TIP42

If someone could tell me if the TIP42C is good enough for my SeoulP4 setup then i'll grab it locally.

Do i need a 1000mA buckpuck also? Or is the 3.3ohm 5w resistor that comes with the SeoulP4 good enough for this?
    Last edited by Ronan; 08-22-2010 at 10:33 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You need the TIP42G transistor. The resistor will be fine but you need to measure your voltage after the transistor to make sure you get the correct size. You can use a buck puck instead of a resistor but you need at least 5 volts to do that.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    You need the TIP42G transistor. The resistor will be fine but you need to measure your voltage after the transistor to make sure you get the correct size. You can use a buck puck instead of a resistor but you need at least 5 volts to do that.
    Blah... online order it is i guess

But i'll stick check out the 2 stores i found, never know... :P

For the volts, i'll have a 4AAA or 4AA setup, so it should be good
    Last edited by Ronan; 08-23-2010 at 09:37 AM.

URGH! They did not have the TIP42G... and they had zero clue what the equivalent was with their other brands.

Online it is... >_>