Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Brass Tubing

Default Brass Tubing

Hey everyone, I am working on my second saber and needed some help finding brass tubing. I can find plenty for chrome plated brass tubing at hardware stores, but no brass tubing. Does anyone know of a place where I can purchase one?

Thanks

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Try hobby stores that sell R/C cars and airplanes. That's where I got mine. They also have threaded rod in different sizes.

If you don't have any hobby stores near you, search for hobby stores online that will ship to you.

If you get a chrome brass sink tube, you can sand it down to make is a brass color.
    Two there should be. No more. No less. One to embody the power, the other to crave it. -Darth Bane
    If a Luxeon III gets hot enough to melt...[hot]glue, something's wrong with your wiring! -Jay Gon Jinn

Don't know where you live, but if you have an ace hardware locally they should have it in various sizes. That's where I always get mine from.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I think he means sink tube, Obi-Dar.

I've never seen brass sink tube at my Ace Hardware.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

if you put 1tbsp of citric acid in 1 liter of distilled water and dissolve it, then dip the sink tube in it for about 45 minutes, it should take off all the chrome and leave the brass intact, even shiny. It may take a while but the sink tube comes out looking nice and you just saved your elbow from a lot of grease.
    Last edited by alreadyRogue; 08-22-2010 at 04:16 PM.
    My real and legal name is Rogue. Coincidence that i like starwars. Perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post

I've never seen brass sink tube at my Ace Hardware.
    Oh I was thinking small diameter tubing. But they DO have brass sinktube, at least at the one near my house. But they only carry them in 8" pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyRogue View Post
    if you put 1tbsp of citric acid in 1 liter of distilled water and dissolve it, then dip the sink tube in it for about 45 minutes, it should take off all the chrome and leave the brass intact, even shiny. It may take a while but the sink tube comes out looking nice and you just saved your elbow from a lot of grease.
    very cool tip their i will have to try that for one of my next builds that i want a brass overlay...

Gemini Boys posted a vid on sanding down a chrome sink tube.. took all of 5 minutes..

its a very practical way to use resource that are available to you (everyone)

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Yeah, I misunderstood what he was asking.

I have found the 22ga brass sink tubes at my local Home Depot, and at Lowe's, but I know that not every store has them.

By the way, if you're sanding chrome off a sink tube, make sure to wear at the minimum, safety goggles and a good quality dust mask. A mask with charcoal filters is even better.
    Last edited by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie; 08-22-2010 at 10:57 PM.